• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To FORE Or Not To FORE?

Indian Riffle Park in Kettering, Ohio has the same problem. Walking path all over like 8 of the 18 holes and too many children running amok. They always try to pick up your discs and run off with them too lol. Has made for some funny scenarios of me chasing around 7 year olds trying to be little as vulgar as possible in the process.

My wife hit me in the chest, hard, with a TL BH and I WAS standing behind her. It was during a practice round for a tournament. I shot a 1028 rated round in the tournament ... so go figure.

My friend Jim has hit at least 5 people that I have personally seen, he's hit me twice. All of his friends know not to stand any where near him and definitely not in front of him when he throws. Its kind of a ongoing joke with his friends that he is deadly with a disc.

my gf has hit me...multiple times...

as far as me hitting someone, I havent, but have come winthin a foot of hitting someone in the head

drove on a 285' anhyzer hole (which, at the time was around my max distance, at which i had no accuracy) after i heard the group in front of me hit chains. sadly, they took their time getting off the hole around a blind corner, and i overthrew the hole. missing them by about a foot or so

at least they finally let me play through after that

Never been hit or hit someone. I've seen a duck get KO'ed and eventually get up and wobble away into a pond. One of my pet peeves is people wandering around a fairway and stare blankly, just like the duck, when I/we yell fore.

I always yell fore! I have never hit anyone but have seen my buddy get hit in the temple off a drive as he stood 5 feet to the right of the tee. If it were me hit, I would have died but my buddy has a thick head. He dropped to a knee and probably had a concussion but hey... no blood then game on!

I was playing today at Blyth Park. Just as I finished the first 9 another disc golfer arrived. He headed to the first tee as I putted out on 9. I took my time walking down to 1 again only to find the new guy had thrown 5 discs and was just walking away from the tee as I walked up. He completely ignored me as I walked up and went and grabbed his discs and putted out. He cleared and I threw, hitting a tree (grrrr). My second throw took me too the basket and as I walked up I saw he was headed back to his car.

I'm thinking, cool, I can just cruise by and finish up my round. I throw a birdy on #2 and as I walk up to the #3 tee I see he has skipped #2 after stopping at his car and just gone on to #3, where he threw several drives he had to pick up. Holding me up again. I said something to the effect of "really?" as he was picking up his discs. He doesn't putt out and just walks up towards #5 (I think he heard me).

So I get pars on #3 & #4 and walk up to #5. Sure enough he's thrown several discs that he's walking around picking up. When he got way over into the heavy brush on the left I went ahead and threw my drive, which hit a tree and landed 10 feet from his bag in the middle of the fairway. I walk by looking towards him and he ignores me again. I would have just waved and said hello. There wasn't a chance he'd get hit by my throw. Second shot got me to the tee and I putted out with a par. He's still picking up discs from his drives.

On #6 I throw and get a birdy. As I'm walking towards #7 a disc comes flying towards me and hits some brush just to my right. No yell. The guy has skipped his second shot and skipped putting out on #5 and hurried to the #6 tee so he could throw on me. I called him an AH and moved on. Had he done it again I would have thrown back. And from what I saw he'd end up much the worse for it.

I can't stand DH's.

If my throw on 5 would have even had a chance of hitting him I would have yelled FORE! It wasn't close. I gotta tell you that if you're throwing several drives on a hole and are holding up play deliberately then I'm not going to ask if I can play through, I'm going to play through. Especially if you are also deliberately ignoring me, which I suppose is some sort of passive-aggressive trait that some people have.

I gotta tell you that if you're throwing several drives on a hole and are holding up play deliberately then I'm not going to ask if I can play through, I'm going to play through. Especially if you are also deliberately ignoring me, which I suppose is some sort of passive-aggressive trait that some people have.

Almost as passive aggressive as people who never ask to play through, then get mad that it isn't offered, so they decide to throw on people rather than politely making it clear you'd like to go ahead. :\

Almost as passive aggressive as people who never ask to play through, then get mad that it isn't offered, so they decide to throw on people rather than politely making it clear you'd like to go ahead. :\

LOL, nice try.

It's a course, not a driving range. He wasn't playing. He was practicing his drives every other hole and then moving to stay ahead after I caught up. That way I would wait while he gathered all his discs. He knew I was throwing on #3 when he decided to move up to #5 to continue practicing.

And I didn't say I would throw on someone, I'm saying I would wait while you fetch your discs that are all over the place and take the first safe opportunity to throw and play through. Call it what you will.

Oh, and I do ask if I can play through when I catch up to people playing a game. Frequently I join them. I also politely tell people who are just walking through a course that they should keep an eye out for discs.

In this case I waved towards the guy as I walked up and he was leaving the first tee and he looked through me like I wasn't there. Then he decided to delay my game for whatever reason.

I drilled some guy directly in the nuts one time... I thew a drive that hyzered harder than I wanted and skipped about 20 feet and nailed the guy. I didn't know till I walked up there (bushes in the way, didn't know he was there) and felt really bad, but it was pretty funny. He wasn't really pissed so it was no big

aj

Don't know if it is true. But a buddy of mine who reads his rulebook a lot told me. But if your playing a tournament and get hit with a disc. The person that was HIT actually gets a stroke penalty.
anyone wanna shed some light on that?

There was a tournement at my local course in which a woman waiting to tee was hit in the back of the head by a golfer with no sense on the previous hole.
He did not yell fore after the 400' shot.
The problem could have easily been averted had he simply brought attention to his errant shot.
How about people just not be idiots.
Yell "fore" if a disc is traveling toward someone.
Don't stand in someone's way.
Don't throw a 400' drive on a hole that requires a 325' shot.

But doesn't yelling "fore" make people "look" in the direction the shout came from. I would rather be hit in the back of the head then in the face.

No you wouldn't. The back of the head is a much worse place to be hit because the skull is much thicker in the front than the back.

And yes, yelling fore makes sometimes makes people look in the direction the shout came from, but that has allowed me two dodge at least two discs that I can remember off the top of my head that would have otherwise hit me. You move fast if you turn around and see a disc flying at your face.

sometimes i just freeze up and watch the thing fly while unable to speak! sometimes the people i am with clip other people and don't say anything and then i hope the person who got buzzed doesnt think it was me. i still feel silly yelling out FOOOOOOOOORE! it can be life and death though.

and i cant stand it when people are completely oblivious to the fact that they are standing in a driving zone or sitting on a pic a nic blanket making out with their lover in the middle of a fairway. i have to admit, i have tried to buzz these types...so sue me

Last edited:
Had a good thread with storys of people hits and the disc that hit them and they had to move it to one about yelling I didn't make it to debate yelling I made it to hear the good storys and such how rude

Latest posts