• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toot your horn!

I got second place at bi-weekly doubles today, $25 cash out and my partner just moved to town, first time playing in california from virginia. Neat guy, and now the only guy in monterey county who throws solely discraft :p... the ace pool is up to $200... Updating in 2 weeks after next league night...

allright, my turn...

Had my best Open division finish so far on this past weekend with a tie for 5th which was good enough to be in the money. Total field size was 72 with about 20-25 in my division.

My first round was bogey free, and between the next two rounds I had just 3 bogeys and one circle 5 (for a lost disc which i later found :evil: ) total. It wasnt anything spectacular, but definitley was the most solid consistent golf ive played yet.

The highlight of the weekend was chaining out on a 125 yard-uphill hole!

adidadg said:
The highlight of the weekend was chaining out on a 125 yard-uphill hole!

Yards or feet.....cuz 125 yard uphill shot is like a 450 ft throw!!

fairway ace in my book if that is the case

Yards...allright it was a pretty gentle uphill :)

It wasnt much of an over throw since it hit very late in its fade.

It took a pretty big S curve just to get there so hitting chain was insanely lucky, but very exciting..

Yesterday got my second ace ever. 315' elevated tee with a blind basket tucked in a whole lot of trees at the end of the fairway to the left (fairway is about 6' wide). Threw it and it sounded like it belly flopped on the dirt around the basket so no second thought on my part. The three guys on the next tee came running out of the bushes yelling that I had landed square in the basket with no chains at all. Proceeded to play like absolute crap the rest of the day. :(

I've finally moved into first place in the points for our local summer random doubles. I could win the prize at the end of the month. It might just be a plaque but it would still be cool.

I het metal twice last night from about 75' and sunk a 60 footer.
I'm seeing more players every week at our new Thursday casual league.
WOOT!

lock-off said:
pagan, dont waste ur time posting negativity....

I'm not being negative. I honestly dont understand that term. Is it a shot made from fairway that goes in but not from teepad? is it a shot from teepad that goes in, but bounces out?

Pagan

I'm with pagan here bro. I just don't know what the f a fairway ace is.

If a fairway ace is hitting chains from the teepad and NOT making it in my book that is a drop in birdie. It's like calling a ground rule double a home run. However being 450 feet anyone is prone to and has a right to gloat.

I (now) know of only 2 kinds of aces: Aces that you make into the right basket, and black aces which you make into the wrong basket. Only one counts, the other leads to a (hopefully) kickass approach shot and putt. I'm not knocking anyone for wanting to share, but the black ace I hit is embarassing and nothing in comparision to my casual rounds partners Ace. He's proud, I can't be. The day my buddy hit his ace (hole 6 at McNaughtin park, pekin IL. 300ft uphill) I hit the chains first and was like in the shadow of the basket. He was pumped after hearing my throw and sank his. As we approached the hole he dropped the classic Happy Gilmore line "somebody's closer".

This board is a positive and informative one. From what I've seen everyone who bothers to post here is mature and has an open mind (some are more biased than others). There is really no need to implicate (therefore creating) negativity. The truth can not be negative, only the truth.

Oh and to toot a lil, I've made the lovely sound of plastic just hammering metal on that hole 20+ times this year. I am going to get the Ace. My buddy usually overthrows it, but has one hell of a line at the hole.

Everyone locally seems to hate that hole. I always go first. Hole 6 is my bitch. :twisted:

as far as a fairway ace goes, I belive they are just saying someone made a shot so amazing that it should have been an ace.

and if black aces count, I would have one ace more than I really do ;-).

and as far as hitting metal goes, playing my campus course that I have hit metal of every of the nine tees, only to ace two of the holes (one twice) I hit metal on 3 of 9 today, no aces. put an -8 for nine holes (tieing my record, Ive thrown 8 down a couple times, never 9 for 9 though) knowing two throws chained out (third hit chastity belt, rolled and missed comeback putt for my only 3 for the round) so after the two chaining out, they made me think, if they both stuck, I would have scored a -10 on nine holes... now that would be a unbeatable CR (the course really only has 2 run at the chains kinda holes, and only 3 others that anyones aced)

Hit the sweet spot on an ace run at my work today, i threw it so hard (I was determined...?) it exploded the chains, hooking up links on the inside ring hooks, chain rings on the bolts on the post and spat it out. I also found 2 discs of mine within 10 minutes of eachother on the same hole (where i lost them) about 2 months ago.

The term fairway ace is typically used to describe a longer holed shot that was not their first shot on the hole.

For example, a player who throws their second shot from 200' away and it goes in may refer to it as a fairway ace.

Where a long putt stops and a fairway ace begins is very subjective. While I don't use the term fairway ace, I would think it would be a shot made in excess of 150' subsequent to your tee shot.

There is, by no means, a defenition for fairway ace, but to me it's a holed out shot >150'. ex: getting the birdie from a bug fucker drive from 250' out.

yesterday i shot +2 on 14 holes,,, which im really proud of (course is kinda hard)

today i matched that score. twice. :eek:

Latest posts