• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 10 all time MPO players

Alright, I'll bite and add my own subjective list to the mix:

1. Ken Climo
2. Paul Mcbeth
3. Barry Schultz
4. Nate Doss
5. Ricky Wysocki
6. Dave Feldberg
7. Scott Stokely
8. Steve Rico
9. Mike Randolph
10. Cale Leiviska (because he gets points from me for being the most attractive MPO player ever 😁 )

Alright, I'll bite and add my own subjective list to the mix:

1. Ken Climo
2. Paul Mcbeth
3. Barry Schultz
4. Nate Doss
5. Ricky Wysocki
6. Dave Feldberg
7. Scott Stokely
8. Steve Rico
9. Mike Randolph
10. Cale Leiviska (because he gets points from me for being the most attractive MPO player ever 😁 )
I would remove Mike Randoph who seems like a local pick for Sillybizz for John E McCray who played for years in top 20--50 in rankings. All on my list played at least in early modern Era of National and Pro Tour except Ken Climo and maybe Nate Doss as I know Dave Feldberg and occasionally Berry Schults when courses suited his playing style, played in early Pro Tour era seeing them near/on leaderboard some days before moving to modern Senor tour now playing in MP 40.

I would think most would agree, unless a good number of People are in concession in thinking modern era modern means Pro Tour only being merger after 2020. Now in my mind Post Merger is not fair as the Merged Pro Tour has only had 4 years of said events unlike 8 almost 9 years of a Pro Tour.

I would remove Mike Randolph who seems like a local pick for Sillybizz

He's from Indiana I believe and I've never even been to that state. Perhaps you're too young or haven't been playing disc golf long enough to know Mike Randolph? Mike came in 2nd to Ken Climo in the 1995 world championships and there are probably only half a dozen players in the world with more top ten finishes at worlds than Mike Randolph. I've never met the guy I just know he is still playing disc golf at a very high level and has been doing it for more than 30 years.

1) Ken Climo and Paul Macbeth
3) Barry Schultz and Ricky Wysocki
5) Nate Doss
6) Dave Feldberg
7) Will Shusterick
8) Greg Barsby
9) Jesper Lundmark
10) Steve Rico

Mike Randolph's from Michigan - he grew up next to Grand Woods Park in Lansing - but his Frisbee-nexus includes Colorado (Ft. Collins area) and Indiana (Indy area) currently. Mike's an all-around great dude and disc sport legend, but you have to wring it out of him to get him to talk about his own accomplishments. I believe he was the first player Discraft ever sponsored, and, as mentioned above, he has a litany of top finishes at Worlds:

1995 Worlds - Port Arthur - 2nd
1996 Worlds - South Bend - 5th
1997 Worlds - Charlotte - 10th
1998 Worlds - Cincinnati - 4th
2000 Worlds - Ann Arbor - 5th
2001 Worlds - Minneapolis - 11th
2003 Worlds - Flagstaff - 3rd
2004 Worlds - Des Moines - 11th
2007 Worlds - Highbridge - 4th
2008 Worlds - Kalamazoo - 3rd

He didn't play Worlds in 1999 (only played one PDGA event all year), 2002 (three PDGA events), 2005 (two PDGA events), or in 2006 (nine PDGA events, including some larger ones like DGLO and The Players Cup so not sure why he didn't hit Worlds that year). From his Discraft bio:

"A player with iconic form, Mike Randolph is a rare breed of pro disc golfer. Some years he might only play one tournament - the World Championships - and still finish top five. Yes, he's that good, and no hack at Ultimate either."

You can read more from the bio. here: https://www.discgolf.discraft.com/team_randolph.html. I met Mike at a local disc golf club meeting a year or two ago held in a community center in a public park, and we played catch in the dark after with a light-up lid and shot the shit. He seems to show up at more local work days than league days, he volunteered up a canoe after I moved to a place with river access, and our dogs are friends - sure, I'll shout some praise from the forum-tops. As I've known him, his primary interests include his kids, cycling (usually with his dog), live music, and playing catch.