• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 necessaries in every serious disc golfers bag... Ready go!

1. Cash, for cash games, I'll always put 5 on it!
2. Gotta have music, either headphones or a speaker
3. Drinks, snacks, beer. Mainly candy and beer, who am I kidding
4. GoPro camera
5. Towels and rainfly

I'd have to give my Huklab stool honorable mention...

(I don't need sharpies because I don't ink discs and I typically don't need pencils because I just use an app on the phone.)

For my small bag:
Towel
Headphones

Large bag:
Towel
Headphones
knife
flashlight
bandaids
lotion
mini

My 10 essentials
Baseball
Ibuprofen
Tiger Balm
Extra minis from Dicovering the World for promo purposes

No, I don't work for DTworld, but they are THE local brick and mortar DG retailer, and its a great way for entry level players to see what's available to them.
Yes, I consider my 10 essentials as one item, even though they're in different places within the bag.
Also, I usually have a BT speaker in there, but it is not absolutely necessary.

My 5 essentials
-Fingernail clipper, try throwing forehand with long nails... It can be quite painful, as well as impede releases.
-Hockey puck, my tool of choice for knocking discs out of trees
-Lighter, for disc repair/igniting smokables
-Economy sized bottle of ghetto aspirin, for when my rotator cuff decides to act out
-Leatherman multitool, for miscellaneous repairs

1) *MOST IMPORTANT*- Ibuprofen, or as we call it- Old Man Candy
2) towels
3) dirt & leaves
4) back brace
5) small child to get my discs out of the briars

If I take the towel out, as it rides on my bag, ibuprofen is ALWAYS in mine. Also, extra contacts (the daily version), as nothing is worse than being outside, and a contact dries out.

For Golf:

1) mini
2) towels
3) water
4) first aid kit
5) sharpie

And I will always have keys, phone, wallet in there as I keep my pockets empty during disc golf.

Surprised no one has said ziplocks here yet. I always carry a couple. Invaluable for keeping the card and phone dry if the weather moves in

Towels
water
pencil and sharpie
and these days either a heavy or light toque (depending which one is on my head)

1. Med kit: Advil, band-aids, liquid bandage, poison ivy wipes, eye drops etc. Epi-pen since I'm allergic to bees.
  2. Grip aids: Chuckers Chalk for dry days and a block of alum and a towel for wet ones.
  3. Water: Even if we have a cooler of beer (on courses that allow these things) I always have 2 bottles of water in my bag.
  4. Ript Cards: Sometimes a poor course needs some livening up.
  5. Battery charger for my phone (scorecard app) and speaker (if I'm playing solo).
Food stays in the car usually, as I don't really like to deal with the mess it can make, as does anything I can live without. As others have said, I like my pockets empty and to be free to move. I'm hoping the developer of Udisc will include Android Wear support. Being able to enter/review scores on my wrist and leave my phone in the bag would be enough to get my to buy a smartwatch.

Leopards, Rocs, Aviars, Birdie bag and Naproxim Sodium (old people's candy). I also need a GPS or compass many times for errant shots I have to find in parts unknown.

Drink of choice
Snack
Sharpie/pen
Towels
Toilet paper

I've run into occasions WAY too many times on the course in which I was in need of TP. It was only twice... but thats enough to make me carry it!

Hand towel, sharpie, liquid refreshment, some way to tally your score, and if you have a dog, poop bags.

Beverage(s)
Multi-tool
Snack
Phone
Towels
5b- retriever

Mini is usually in my back pocket
Rulebook, scorecard, time piece, compass, thermometer, etc = my phone

I'm honestly amazed at the number of people who feel that a sharpie is a necessity.

Is this where the thread turns into a discussion of marking/signing the disc versus the ruining its resale value, or is it going to be discs marked/unmarked and what to do when you find one? ;)

For me, my "necessaries" (more than 5 because other than the water, they all live in my bag 24/7):

Water
Towels
Minis
Sharpies
Pencils
Rulebook
2-meter tape
10-meter string

Is this where the thread turns into a discussion of marking/signing the disc versus the ruining its resale value, or is it going to be discs marked/unmarked and what to do when you find one? ;)

No interest in those debates. Honestly curious why a sharpie is deemed necessary. I've been playing over 20 years and never once did I feel that I had to have a sharpie in my bag. Of course, I have no desire to sign ace discs and never ask anybody to sign mine. I don't make disc chargers or mark up tee signs or the number plate, so I guess I don't see the need. Is it for autographs? I'll concede that a sharpie is better for signing autographs than a pencil. So there is that...

No interest in those debates. Honestly curious why a sharpie is deemed necessary. I've been playing over 20 years and never once did I feel that I had to have a sharpie in my bag. Of course, I have no desire to sign ace discs and never ask anybody to sign mine. I don't make disc chargers or mark up tee signs or the number plate, so I guess I don't see the need. Is it for autographs? I'll concede that a sharpie is better for signing autographs than a pencil. So there is that...

The only way I ever get my name and number on new discs is to keep a Sharpie in the bag. Otherwise I forget to do it until I'm on the course, and if I don't have a Sharpie, I'm SOL. The only thing I ever "tag" is my own discs. Vandals should be sentenced to course maintenance labor, including wiping out the graffiti from baskets, signs, benches etc.

Just having fun with the debate thing.

I carry sharpies primarily to ink my discs. Can't count how many times I've put a new disc in the bag, gotten out on the course at the start of a tournament round and realized I needed to put my name on it before I threw it. Just as, if not more often, it's someone in my group that needs to ink a disc (or two) and of course, they don't have a sharpie.

Truth be told, the primary reason I have multiples minis, sharpies, and pencils in my bag is because other people have need for them more than I do. It's not a tournament for me unless I've lent out a pencil for scoring and not gotten back (not that I really care).