• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top of your wishlist for 2011

timber ridge is either va's second or third best imo and is in bedford- not all that far from roanoke. i can put you in contact with the course owner- it's not listed on the site.

Biscoe - That would be great. I will PM you in March when I return from San Diego. Thanks.

Sounds good. I'd stay away from Sun Valley though. It is a ball golf course that also has DG, but you have to play in between ball golfers and pay $5 for just two trips around their boring 9 hole course.

Instead, Id recommend trying out Kit Carson DG Park in Escondido (just 30 min north of Morley). It is very nice, but a shared park. Try to play your round early in the day here.

Also there is a newer course in Alpine (about 30 min east of Morley). I have not been yet, but from the looks of the pics/reviews here, Id say it might be worth the trip.

Thanks for the heads up on Sun Valley. I will try to make it to both Kit Carson and Alpine. I will post a review of Alpine when I return.

Yes i've played it alot. I'm on the not for profit board that had it installed.
Yes it's worth playing it's very nice and it's 10mins from my house 5mins if i get all green lights. You could do all 3 courses in one day if you start early about 35 mins between each one.

Sounds like a great day of DG. Would you like to join us this Spring when we head up?

I'm gonna try to play some top courses here in Indiana this year:
Camp Cullom
Boondocks
Old English
Mesker Park
Patoka Lake

You could get to Patoka Lake and Old English in a day. Play Patoka in the morning to get your technical round in then hit English for the rest of the day to throw until your arm coming off with the disc. I've never gone to English and played anything less than 27 holes not matter how tired my arm is. At least you won't have to walk and play, its such a luxury.

trying to once again knock out the courses in Utah, play some in Colorado this year hopefully and maybe this year successfully complete a road trip... playing in AZ, So Cal or Hawaii would be tight

1. Holler in the Hills
2. Winter Park
3. IDGC
4. Peru, IN area
5. Bud Hill/Memphis, TN

Highbridge
Winter Park
Standing Rocks (the new 12)
Then, when we're on vacation in CA,
Zephyr Cove
Squaw Valley.
Hurry up, summer!

1. Holler in the Hills
2. Winter Park
3. IDGC
4. Peru, IN area
5. Bud Hill/Memphis, TN

Adam, let me know when you're coming down to Holler and I'll meet you there. I'd tag along to Bud Hill as well. There's a group from Louisville planning on hitting up the Hall of Fame tourney at the IDGC this year too.

I don't even know... Anybody have any MO courses on their wishlist?

I've got St. Louis area on my list. Jefferson Barracks, Sioux Passage, Endicott Park and whatever else I can fit in. Always looking for suggestions of good places to play.

I too have St louis on my list, near the top of my very near future list, I'm hoping to make it there in the next week or two.

one of my dream trips is to drive from DFW all the way up I-35 to Minnesota and stop at all the cool spots along the way. OKC, Witchita, Emporia, KC, Des Moines, Minneapolis. then from there head to Highbridge. 2 weeks on the road and a week at HBH

This is fun, 'cause these are courses that I WILL play this year. I'm already planning the trip, and have friends/family in every stop!

1.) Beaver Ranch, Co.
2.) Phantom Falls, Co.
3.) Ghost Town, Co.
4.) Solitude Mountain, Ut.
5.) Morley Field, Ca.

Morley is a classic, so I have to hit it.

Ghost Town just seems like a cool spot. A new twist.

The others speak for themselves, me-thinks!

Sounds like a great trip!

Phantom Falls and Ghost Town are definately on my list as well and since I only live just shy of 2 hours from both, that will definately happen this year.

whatever (if any!) courses that are in puerto rico, in April.

yay warmer weather!

(disgruntled with the st. louis cold right now. friggin 18°...)

Highbridge
Highbridge
Highbridge
Highbridge
Highbridge

And yes, I have been there before, but it is likethe mecca of disc golf so I want to go back over and over.

Top five:

Highbridge (all)
Horning's Hideout (all)
Whistler's Bend
Phantom Falls
Ozark Mountain

Realistically the only one I have a chance of hitting is Ozark Mountain.

In no order:
Squaw Valley
Bijou Community Park
Turtle Rock Park
Reno Adventure Park - Green
Reno Adventure Park - Red

All in my area, just haven't been playing long enough to hit them yet.

Latest posts