• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tough bag choice

This!

Mahal= lifetime warranty= you'll have it fooorrrreeeevvvvver.
Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal

Just leave the extra side pockets cinched down unless you really need to carry 30 discs, and it's not that big. Plus it is designed to hold an umbrella to block the brutal Aussie sun, and it holds a Camelback to help quench your thirst. Lifetime warranty, and comfortable as can be. Pretty darn waterproof too.

Just leave the extra side pockets cinched down unless you really need to carry 30 discs, and it's not that big. Plus it is designed to hold an umbrella to block the brutal Aussie sun, and it holds a Camelback to help quench your thirst. Lifetime warranty, and comfortable as can be. Pretty darn waterproof too.

goes anyone have a pic with the side pockets cinched down? thanks in advance.

Holy crap! Just got the go-ahead from the wife to get myself a new disc golf bag. I'm chompin' at the bit for a backpack style bag and had my heart set on a Grip EQ Special Edition bag until I read through this thread.
It's great there are so many choices, but damn hard figuring out which one will be the final choice.
One thing is obvious though and that is the Grip bag is exxxxpenssssive.
Regardless of how much I wanted the Grip, the savings alone for a Big Hyzer Ergo, Physical Flight Contender, and/or DD Ranger bag overcomes my initial assessment of the Grip bag. Saving $80-$105 is huge and it seems these other bag choices offer a better design and more cargo capacity in a similar size product.
I think I'll sleep on it for a day or two.

I know I know... But... Cabelas. Mine has a couple hundred rounds on it and you'd never know. I did plastidip it though, so that probably helped. Annnd it was 50 bucks.

^I doubt he'll even be able to able to get one (especially shipped down under) at this point.

I can't knock the Grip - I've yet to see an unsatisfied customer. If you're willing to spend the money, that might make you the happiest. I think they're less than a Mahal.

But if comfort is your main concern, doubt any bag beats the Mahal.

Holy crap! Just got the go-ahead from the wife to get myself a new disc golf bag. I'm chompin' at the bit for a backpack style bag and had my heart set on a Grip EQ Special Edition bag until I read through this thread.
It's great there are so many choices, but damn hard figuring out which one will be the final choice.
One thing is obvious though and that is the Grip bag is exxxxpenssssive.
Regardless of how much I wanted the Grip, the savings alone for a Big Hyzer Ergo, Physical Flight Contender, and/or DD Ranger bag overcomes my initial assessment of the Grip bag. Saving $80-$105 is huge and it seems these other bag choices offer a better design and more cargo capacity in a similar size product.
I think I'll sleep on it for a day or two.

Hey man just so you know there are Grip bags at $200. The other bags you mentioned will still be $20-45 less, but if your heart was set on the Grip, you can snag one for $200 shipped.

If you carry less than 20 discs. The Grip will do you good. Great design and pretty good quality. I also put down some duckets for the Big Hyzer (pre order). Carries more than the Grip and the design looks pretty good as well. The Voodoo looks nice as well, but it might be more than you want in a bag? If you want top of the line quality and just an "OK" design Mystery Ranch is a nice bag too. So far I feel like Goldie Locks.....Hmmmmm this bag is to big, or this bag is too small. Still looking for the just right bag. Hoping the Big Hyzer or Voodoo will work.

^I doubt he'll even be able to able to get one (especially shipped down under) at this point.

I can't knock the Grip - I've yet to see an unsatisfied customer. If you're willing to spend the money, that might make you the happiest. I think they're less than a Mahal.

But if comfort is your main concern, doubt any bag beats the Mahal.

If he wants mine he can have it when I get my contender in a couple weeks.

I was actually critical and not a fan of the DD ranger bag at first. Once I could wear one and actually feel the material and size of it though I'd buy one if I had the cash and didn't already have my Grip. It's not boxy or huge like the pictures make it seem. It's actually no bigger than my Grip on the back but way more storage. The top compartment isn't insulated but it's real close and I could easily stick a sixer of beverage in that part. It's waterproof. :thmbup: The bottom disc rack is easier to take discs in and out of and I like the putter pocket on the side and no so much the grip hide a pocket. I do prefer the drink holders on the grip though. It's also more comfortable than the grip. It has padded back things that run horizontal and just feel nicer. Straps I would say are about the same maybe thicker on the grip.

You sir have just made my day. I'm in line to get one as part of team deals, and was uber excited. I've never really bee fond of the Grip, looks tight and not a lot of storage. Being a bigger guy, I have bigger hoodies and jackets, and I need a bag that can hold one if necessary. Plus I've had a Lat64 pro bag so I'm addicted to side putter pockets. But with the slight bashing it was getting, I was starting to worry. I have seen video and it looks great, but was starting to get really uncertain. You have restored faith, since you've at least been able to handle it. How adjustable are the straps...say for someone 6'2", 240lbs?

I meant to add the dd one...its growing on me. the fact they delayed release for quality issues is a positive to me...like a delayed movie or game. They wanna get it right!

You sir have just made my day. I'm in line to get one as part of team deals, and was uber excited. I've never really bee fond of the Grip, looks tight and not a lot of storage. Being a bigger guy, I have bigger hoodies and jackets, and I need a bag that can hold one if necessary. Plus I've had a Lat64 pro bag so I'm addicted to side putter pockets. But with the slight bashing it was getting, I was starting to worry. I have seen video and it looks great, but was starting to get really uncertain. You have restored faith, since you've at least been able to handle it. How adjustable are the straps...say for someone 6'2", 240lbs?

They'll fit you fine. :thmbup: for the burly crowd. They have two display models one with discs and without. The one loaded with discs felt lighter than my Grip but of course two liters of water added will add some heft. It feels nice though. When they start offering the color combinations for the Ranger bag I know they will be the same price too and Ogio is going to have some sweet colors available. By this time next year I expect the DD/Ogio bag line to be pretty popular. I plan on getting a commander.