• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tour de Rizbee 2007 - Disc Golf Road Trip

Rizbee

Par Member
My 15-year-old son and I will soon be traveling cross-country on our 4th annual disc golf road trip, which we call the "Tour de Rizbee" (www.teamrizbee.com). This year we are traveling from San Diego to Milwaukee and back, July 15th through August 4th. Along with playing in the PDGA Am Worlds, we are traveling as ambassadors for Educational Disc Golf Experience (EDGE) and playing as many disc golf courses as possible.

One thing we are trying to do on our trip is introduce kids to the sport of disc golf. We are looking for interested players along our route that can help us with this. If you know of a summer day camp, recreation program, church group, etc. that would be interested in bringing some kids to your local course to play disc golf, please contact me at [email protected]. We will supply beginner-friendly EDGE discs for the kids to use, introduce them to the rules of the game, and lead the new players through some basic throwing instruction. For the teachers, counselors and coaches that bring the kids we will have some examples of EDGE instructional materials and EDGE brochures, to help them find out how to bring EDGE and disc golf to their school or youth program (and they can play too!).

We will also be raising funds to support EDGE programs in our local community, by taking pledges per hole or course that we play while on our Tour (we plan on playing 60+ courses and 1,000+ holes over the 20 days and 5,000 miles of our trip). Fundraising tournaments will also be held at the start and finish lines of our trip and there will be some commemorative discs available for sale.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help us out, or if you'd like to play a round of golf with us as we travel. Let's get those kids off the couch and play disc golf!

Thanks in advance,

Allen "Rizbee" Risley
PDGA # 1752
www.teamrizbee.com

Sounds like you're doing a good thing and having fun to boot. Be sure to post some reviews after you finish the tour :)

Amazing!

Good luck on your endeavor! I hope that you will eventually get to play north of the border and are cordually invited to play our course here at Mont Avalanche. We are only 1 hour north of Montreal Quebec. Good luck and I hope to see you soon!

Good stuff Allen! I'm jealous!

I briefly met your son at Worlds (i was there as a spectator for 3 days). I was playing a course in Lombard, IL a couple of days later and ran into a kid (12-13 year old maybe) who said he met you. Kyran is his name. You had given him a disc (Rizbee stamped Ontario Roc). Small world! Good work spreading the love!

What an amazing idea! I was lucky enough to teach the game to kids ages 4th grade through 8th this summer for 6 weeks at a summer camp. I was impressed at how many came back after a few days with their own purchased discs.