• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tourney avg

I find it amusing that I struggle to shoot a "decent score" in a real tournament. I usually feel like I played crappy and that I'd "left a lot out there". And yet I'm rarely double-digits over par when all is said & done! If I was shooting this well in ball golf.....:)!
I think it's all in your own head how well you think you should be playing in a tournament!

Nos, read Talbot's message.

"Joe, I would expect your round ratings to get even higher. The women and Intermediates, who played a shorter course all three rounds still appear to have played the same course as everyone else. 1081 is not out of the question for your weekend up at Red Feather Lakes!"

Nos, read Talbot's message.

"Joe, I would expect your round ratings to get even higher. The women and Intermediates, who played a shorter course all three rounds still appear to have played the same course as everyone else. 1081 is not out of the question for your weekend up at Red Feather Lakes!"

Thanks, I was just about to have to respond to this.

The guy that won Intermediate would have done well in Advanced, but the first two rounds were a significantly different course. The third round had one or two different holes which may have amounted to one or two throws overall, so that third round was still quite good for him.

Still, compare that to Joe's rounds and you begin to laugh.

Joe and Mitch for lead card at Worlds! It's gonna happen, just wait and see....

I am fairly sure Mitch isn't making the trip out. Mitch is signed up for Snow Mountain along with Tyler. Snow Mountain is happening during Pro Worlds so. Joe and Pat on the lead card might be more realistic, but I am sure Pat will have to be better than 22 throws behind Joe to make that happen. I know his is capable of it.

Joe, are there any island holes at Worlds that resemble the 303 Open? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause you to struggle at this point.

Worlds course designers are some of the best. They would never make an island hole without a drop zone or giving you a risk reward option. Rarely will you ever see a hole designed like the 303 islands. I'm sure the Phenix boys were inundated with complaints and will change those holes next year with either a DZ or a layup option. Funny thing is islands are typically a strength of mine.

Joe, the way you are playing right now, everything is a strength of yours. Soon enough I will let you start taking my money. Go big at worlds and show the world what Colorado Disc Golf is all about!