• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Treasure hunter finds Nate Sexton's Orc

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/08/02/monthly-dime-ten-things-loved-july/

This is cringe worthy. Those damn raccoons are a menace at Mt Airy.

I was going to post some stuff about this on the "Critters you ran into" thread, but I'll put it here for now.

I believe there are two raccoons at Mt. Airy, and when I got there for the Idlewild Ams the younger one was digging around in my buddy's bag. It had smelled the sunflower seeds he keeps as a snack (that he had already moved to his pocket). It ended up playing with my card for the first 5 holes of the tournament (starting at hole 7). It even followed us into the rough on 9 when one of the guys shanked his shot, and helped us look for his disc. On 10 he was throwing an upshot from the edge of the rough, and the raccoon ran across his feet right when he threw it. He shanked it and was pissed. It wasn't done razzing him though; when he was lining up the now-longer-than-expected putt, it moseyed right underneath the basket. I was able to convince it to get out of the way.

Later I saw a pic of the same raccoon getting into Nate Perkins' bag.

I've heard if you see a raccoon roaming around during daylight it probably has rabies. Raccoons are nocturnal usually aren't active during the day.

Latest posts