• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Trespass vs. Destroyer

Adampowzki

Okay. I need a good distance driver.
What to throw? Trespass or Destroyer?
Pros:thmbup: and Cons:thmbdown:. Why get both/why you do not need both.
Let the war begin!

The few Destroyers I've had were a good bit more overstable than all of the Trespasses I've thrown, and they break in slower. The Trespass in bio and fusion may be the fastest breaking in discs I've ever thrown. My weak arm can turn them. I cannot turn champ or star destros. I can turn pros.

Haven't held either disc in a long time but swear a trespass is similar to the tern more than a destroyer from speed/flight/feel...? might have been renegade tho

I'm asking myself the same question right now. I'm carrying both until a clear winner emerges. I don't completely trust the Trespass yet, it's a little more squirrely in the wind and I don't like the grip as well. But I've had a handful of big rips with it, longer than the Destroyer, especially downwind.

Haven't held either disc in a long time but swear a trespass is similar to the tern more than a destroyer from speed/flight/feel...? might have been renegade tho
TBH, I've never thrown a Destoyer, but I can say the Trespass is faster and behaves more OS than a Renegade.

I use both. The wind speed determines which one I use. Trespass on most days, and Destroyer when it is very windy.

As said above, the Trespass has a little less stability, almost like a beat in Destroyer.

I used to compare things to destroyers based on the 12/5/-1/3 numbers but there is way too much variation in the mold for effective comparison.

Trespasses are great discs. They will usually be less high speed stable than destroyers.

I don't have PMantle's experience of Trespasses beating up quickly even though I was once renowned (or something) for my ability to season premium plastic.

FTR I throw moonshines and occasionally my first run fuzion.

I've only thrown a first run Trespass, but in my experience it was considerably less stable than any star or champ Destroyers I've thrown. It might be comparable to a champ Tern or the current runs of E* Destroyers which are considerably less stable than their star/champ brethren. Of course maybe more recent runs of Trespasses are different than the first runs or maybe they are different in different plastics (like Destroyers). Someone here will probably know.

Not a Disc expert, and don't have a lot of power, but I've compared them throw for throw. For me:

Trespass was less stable, could turn it over easier, and I got better distance that way, at the cost of predictability.

Destroyer really depends on the disc you got, but overall mine were more stable, more predictable with straight to slight fade when it was gliding, but I often failed to get much turn on it, and thus got less distance for the same power.

Both of them have a nice straight line, not too much turn or fade, when thrown well.

For me, the Tern is a better choice since I don't have the power. It has a nice S shape when throw correctly, can throw with hyzer or anhyzer and get predictable results. My favorite plastic is now Gstar. I had some awesome park jobs and all time best drives for a hole with it over the Holidays. It just seem to get a cleaner release with the Tern as well and can hit an early window with it as well as my Fairway driver.

I bagged Destroyers for awhile in star and champ, but didn't really prefer Innova plastic. Now I carry lucid and fuzion Trespasses. They are two totally different discs though when comparing the Destroyer to the Trespass. For me I can throw Destroyers flat, but I have to hyzerflip Trespasses. Since I can't seem to find a beefy Trespass I use a moonshine and biofuzion Enforcer for the overstable slot. They feel very similar to a Trespass and are the same speed.

I'd say if you max at 350-375' the Trespass will give you better distance potential, but like all molds you may have to get a couple to find a good setup of Trespasses.

Last edited:
Trespasses are like a beat in Destroyer.

Not very predictable in the wind either.

Everyone I know who throws Trespasses, keeps a Giant for windy shots.

Trespasses are like a beat in Destroyer.

Not very predictable in the wind either.

Everyone I know who throws Trespasses, keeps a Giant for windy shots.

this. most of the trespasses i've thrown fly pretty close to the numbers out of the box. Whereas most destroyers i've thrown are more like a 12/5/0/3 out of the box, with the exception of lighter g-star destroyers.

yea i agree with almost everything stated, except that trespasses break in easily. Maybe fuzion, but even that one took me awhile.

if you want a disc easier to turn than the destroyer, and one that holds that turn longer, get the trespass.

I throw trespasses flat to touch of hyzer out to 370-400.

The fuzion has more turn than I really want, but the moonshines keep a tight enough S that I can throw it for distance in narrows (but definitely not tunnels) by controlling the left to right with release angle.

Imo the Enforcer is a much better wind disc than the Giant. I find the Giant's glide makes it less predictable in wind.

I prefer star destroyers over trespasses, I had a lucid trespass that was less high speed stable than most of my star destroyers, If you want to use only 1 mold for your distance shots I would go with the destroyer because you can find variations of all stability's.

I've bagged a more than a few of both in the past, they're both great. In my opinion the destroyer is a little faster and trespasses are usually less overstable.

Agree with all that was said, and i love me some star destroyer, but ftr, if you want the OS destroyer you get a Giant. It's this weird thing the European's are doing where they call discs by different names when they fly totally different.

Edit / disclaimer : I get that some people like to have one rim to rule them all, and i see the appeal of molds with lots of flight variations (fresh to beat, or the flavors of terns and destros)

Last edited:
Depends a lot on how long your fingers are and how comfortable each disc feels in your hand. For me the Destroyer and Nuke can work sidearm, but the rim feels too big for backhand. Same with the Wraith, but not as bad.

I like the Halo, but a lot of people can't stand the slanted inner rim. It doesn't bother me at all, grip strength is not an issue for me, but finger length is :(

I havn't thrown them yet but I think the Havoc, D2, or Sword could also work well for you.