• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge

I think some sort of divisions should be in play. like the big prize is for the Open group. and maybe one brand new Trilogy disc of the winners choice for the other. (not a base proto, a premium production run)

It's not really a tournament though it's a tester challenge. Like the DD two disc challenge but expanded. The winner pack also doesn't say you get base plastic that's just what the playing discs appear to be. The winners get a choice of the three discs from each company so I imagine you will have the choice of all their molds in all plastic options. Perhaps a voucher to DD's site that you can choose the molds of your choice. I'm not sure on that but no where does it limit you as a winner to base plastic. I'm sure more answers will come when signup for TDs begins in a couple days.

There are no divisions in a Discraft Ace Race either. I think there just isn't enough money coming in to pay out a bunch of people and pay for the players packs. If you are a lesser skilled player look at it as playing a trophy only event. One of the Open/Adv players will probably in the prize but you can still compare yourself to everyone that would be in your division. That actually sparked a thought, ask your TD to have divisions and have trophy's or maybe even other prizes donated by local businesses.

:clap: Exactly. It's not a tournament. It's a testing challenge. A chance to throw unreleased discs, give feedback, and get rewarded with fun, competition, and some nice swag.

^^^ must throw all Trilogy...

It was the avatar that gave it away wasn't it? Lmao. Seriously though, I'd like for this thread to stay positive please. You can troll all over my other threads, but I'd like for this thread to be a place where TD's and players of these events can bounce around ideas and thoughts about it. Thanks man. 😃

Or Trilogy refers to the cult-like Facebook group of Lat64, WS, DD throwers.

Proud to be a team trilogy member. Doesn't mean I don't take the bag of innova out for casual rounds and have fun. We all have plastic preferences. I guess I don't get why it matters what people throw and like. The more companies that can make a profit in disc golf the better it is for the growth of the sport in general.

I wonder how many of these will go off in the first year? I expect about ten or more to be registered in the first day.

I think I'm going to run one of these in Albemarle NC. But Idk if I'm allowed since I was banned from the facebook page for being an evil person. :rolleyes:

I have the idea to do 2-3 divisions and split up the winners pack between them. Several of our local beginners and casual players would not want to play against the higher rated players in our club. I'm not sure how I would do this yet but I want to be sure everyone has a chance to compete for extra prizes.

If it's focused towards newer players I want to be sure they can compete with people on a more even skill level and not have to play with our 930-970 rated players.

If it's focused towards newer players I want to be sure they can compete with people on a more even skill level and not have to play with our 930-970 rated players.

Have you perhaps thought about having one at a course with both short and long tees? Have the and throw from the shorts and the open players throw from the longs?

Have you perhaps thought about having one at a course with both short and long tees? Have the and throw from the shorts and the open players throw from the longs?

Interesting idea. The course I would use would have longs and shorts. Big differance between the two. I'll have to think on that one.

I think I'm going to run one of these in Albemarle NC. But Idk if I'm allowed since I was banned from the facebook page for being an evil person. :rolleyes:

I have the idea to do 2-3 divisions and split up the winners pack between them. Several of our local beginners and casual players would not want to play against the higher rated players in our club. I'm not sure how I would do this yet but I want to be sure everyone has a chance to compete for extra prizes.

does anybody know if there are TD kickbacks at all? Like ace race packs cost $20 each after shipping so the TD/club raises $5 per player. Vibram gives back $4.00 each I think. Is DD giving anything back?

I'd use most/all of it to fund the int & rec 1st place prizes.

I'm IN!!! where are they def doing it? must wait a few days! i see it now FEB 1

does anybody know if there are TD kickbacks at all? Like ace race packs cost $20 each after shipping so the TD/club raises $5 per player. Vibram gives back $4.00 each I think. Is DD giving anything back?

I'd use most/all of it to fund the int & rec 1st place prizes.

The entry fee for players is $30, but DD is charging $20 a pack. I'm not sure yet if that includes shipping. But yeah, me and the 2 guys putting one together in our area are coming up with ways to use that extra money to put back into payouts and what not. We aren't looking to profit from this. We're just trying to make this fun and exciting for everyone involved 😃

The entry fee for players is $30, but DD is charging $20 a pack. I'm not sure yet if that includes shipping. But yeah, me and the 2 guys putting one together in our area are coming up with ways to use that extra money to put back into payouts and what not. We aren't looking to profit from this. We're just trying to make this fun and exciting for everyone involved 😃

Wow. $10 spread. That is pretty big.

Interesting idea. The course I would use would have longs and shorts. Big differance between the two. I'll have to think on that one.

I did something similar for the Birdie Bash last year. On the longer holes (about one third of the holes), I made a short tee with flags. Beginners (defined as played less than a dozen times) and players whose typical drive was less that 250ft were allowed to play from the short tee on those holes.

Where did you see it is $20 to the TD?

Latest posts