• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge

Decided to take some quick pics... Sorry for the dirty desk, markers and my 2 year old don't mix well (unless you're the 2 year old).

Here is the driver (Thief, 173). Looking at the weight, this was probably why I wasn't throwing it as far as my other discs.
photo-1.png

Here is the midrange (Claymore, 174):
photo-3.png

Here is the putter (Shield, 175):
photo-2.png

And that is not a crack in the putter, this plastic used on the putter scratched up easily. It's not performance altering scratching, it's like a surface scratch.

Not too bad on your color combos :thmbup:, better than all the doo-doo browns :sick: I have seen.

Hey everyone. I've posted a trade thread in the MP but I'm looking for another claymore. If anyone didn't like theirs, let me know.

Not a fan of the thief. Just didn't have much luck with my flick style. Tried rollers tried sky roller. Tried thumber. It just laughed and ran away as far from the basket as possible. The guy on my card with most luck seemed to throw it about 60-70 percent back hand and it had a pretty flight path. When he cranked it. It just ran and ran away. Way right for his rhbh. Also the perk add ons were kind of blah.

Haha, I saw that pic and for a split second thought "What?! He got a clear Trilogy disc?!" Then I realized it was the mini. :doh:

Played the Lewisville TX Dynamic Disc Trilogy tournament today, had an amazing time with my friends. The guys at Dynamic Disc in Lewisville had a raffle for a Ranger bag and I totally won it! :) so so happy.

Quick review

Thief: Ok fairway driver. Flew like my well seasoned stalker.
Claymore: Flew like a new buzz
Shield: Money! Loved it. I liked the soft grippy feel of the plastic and how overstable it was. It has a serious chance to find its way into my bag as my main putter replacing my wizards. This is coming from someone who LOVES wizards.

Our trilogy challenge was fun. Won by 10 strokes and enjoyed the winners pack. Traded a few to my friend who just got picked up on the new Lat 64 team and still have a few. Giving the bag to my gf.

My review for the discs I received during the Trilogy Challenge at Micke Grove Park in Lodi, CA:
(Keep in mind that I have only been playing since August and this was a new experience for me)

Thief - I really enjoyed throwing this disc. It was a welcomed change from the normal discs I throw; Sidewinder, Tern and Leopard. It flew nice and straight for me.

Claymore - This is a disc that will remain in my bag from now on. I loved throwing this and I usually do not throw a mid too many times during my play. I flew nice and straight wherever I wanted it to go.

Shield - Nice putter, but it will not be replacing my Rhino or Magnet in my bag. Grippy feel that was nice and I know most people playing enjoyed them.

I did shoot a +6 (60) for the day and it was nowhere close to the -9 (45) that was the winner's total. They did have a nice junior division, for those 14 and under. All in all it was a nice and pleasureable experience. Next up for me is the June 21st Lake Amador Trilogy Challenge.

I enjoyed the event. Was disappointed the turn out as there were only 26 players and that they didn't have the "extras". But the perk was we got to play a round with great company and got 3 new discs out of it.
Review of the discs in my opinion:
I liked the Thief, understable/stable disc that was easy to control and get 300' out of with an easy throw. Had an ace blow out of the chains on a 267' hole that needed some shaping.
The midrange reminded me of a Roc or Buzzz. Threw similar for me.
The putter... way to hard. Not very grippy and didn't "grab" the chains like my SSS Magic. Had 2-3 putts fall out because the disc was too hard for a fast spin putt not dead center in the chains.
Overall had fun and a new way to check out new plastic...

Quick review

Thief: Ok fairway driver. Flew like my well seasoned stalker.
Claymore: Flew like a new buzz
Shield: Money! Loved it. I liked the soft grippy feel of the plastic and how overstable it was. It has a serious chance to find its way into my bag as my main putter replacing my wizards. This is coming from someone who LOVES wizards.

Our trilogy challenge was fun. Won by 10 strokes and enjoyed the winners pack. Traded a few to my friend who just got picked up on the new Lat 64 team and still have a few. Giving the bag to my gf.
Now if we could only get the community to preregister for these events.

Now if we could only get the community to preregister for these events.

Right. Slackers.

Note on the putter. As much as I enjoyed it, I don't think it will make the bag. The plastic is nice and grippy, but after practicing with it for a bit, I think that they won't have a very long life. They don't take pan or band hits very well. Several chunks are already out of mine after just a day of practice. I do like them, but would have to cycle through them quickly if they ever made the bag.

Right. Slackers.

Note on the putter. As much as I enjoyed it, I don't think it will make the bag. The plastic is nice and grippy, but after practicing with it for a bit, I think that they won't have a very long life. They don't take pan or band hits very well. Several chunks are already out of mine after just a day of practice. I do like them, but would have to cycle through them quickly if they ever made the bag.

The wear rate on Medium is kinda funny. Markups and takes a few gashes early on; once the surface seasons it pretty much toughens up and stops getting gashed. I was concerned early on with my Medium Pures but they are still in good shape after 7 months of use.

I just registered today for the July 26th Trilogy Challenge at Juel Park in Redmond, WA. Anybody else attending that one?

I'm registered for one here in PA on June 22. Are there prize packs for this event and how many spots have they been paying out?

Winner's pack provided by DD is a soldier bag, nine new discs from the trilogy companies, a towel, and a winner's canvas.

How the TD decides to distribute that is up to them so you might ask. Some have one division and winner takes all. Some might have 4 divisions with the top division winner taking the bag, towel, and canvas print and each of the other winners each getting 3 discs each. They might also have other raffles or prizes donated from local shops or businesses. It's completely up to the TD of each event on the format and prizes.

Winner's pack provided by DD is a soldier bag, nine new discs from the trilogy companies, a towel, and a winner's canvas.

How the TD decides to distribute that is up to them so you might ask. Some have one division and winner takes all. Some might have 4 divisions with the top division winner taking the bag, towel, and canvas print and each of the other winners each getting 3 discs each. They might also have other raffles or prizes donated from local shops or businesses. It's completely up to the TD of each event on the format and prizes.

I have been wondering if the winner gets their choice of driver, midrange, and putters of each company or is there is a pack of 9 discs already made.

I have been wondering if the winner gets their choice of driver, midrange, and putters of each company or is there is a pack of 9 discs already made.

The pack is sent to the TD with his player packs and is pre-determined,so no winner choice for the big prize.

All this info can be found @ trilogychallenge.com. The site is great and full of info about the event and its guidelines. The TD has the flexibility to set up his event, his way for the most part.

Last edited:
I'm registered for one here in PA on June 22. Are there prize packs for this event and how many spots have they been paying out?

Hi, I am assistant TDing the PA trilogy challenge at FEW dam on June 22nd. We will be offering divisions of Open Am and beginner. There are prizes for first in each division but only for first in each division.