• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Trilogy replacement for Prodigy M1?

Jmscrimp

Looking at trying out some Trilogy plastic in place of the M1. Bard? Justice? Verdict?

Bard or Verdict. The Justice is very OS

Yes Bard. It's the best mid in this slot.

Max weight VIP Bard, but it will feel a little different. I havent thrown many Bards, but I can tell you TPs 175 and below and VIPs 170 and below fly quite a bit differently than what you are looking for.

I haven't tried a Prodigy M1, but my general recommendations for an OS mid are the Hornet and the Gator. The Gator dump-fades harder than the Hornet, but both are good overstable discs.

I've been throwing both a beat in Verdict, and various stages of Bards. Verdict is a little faster and slightly less OS. However, I trust the bard more than the verdict. Takes a bit to get used to in the hand, but the bard is become my favorite midrange this year. Can't wait to cycle my BT bards.

Rather it is close or not the mace was what the m1 was gearing towards- the innova roc.

Verdicts are more sentinel like. Derivatives of the old school molds are obvious to the vets. Newcomers aren't privy to knowledge of yesteryear.

I haven't tried a Prodigy M1, but my general recommendations for an OS mid are the Hornet and the Gator. The Gator dump-fades harder than the Hornet, but both are good overstable discs.

When someone asks for an innova replacement do you give them a trilogy disc? Just kidding

I think the bard has a more similar feel, but I bag the verdict. Both great discs, can't go wrong with either one.

When someone asks for an innova replacement do you give them a trilogy disc? Just kidding

I think the bard has a more similar feel, but I bag the verdict. Both great discs, can't go wrong with either one.

Read it again he, said Mace. Which I will agree is pretty close to a Roc. But I think the Bard is closer to an M1.

Rather it is close or not the mace was what the m1 was gearing towards- the innova roc.

Verdicts are more sentinel like. Derivatives of the old school molds are obvious to the vets. Newcomers aren't privy to knowledge of yesteryear.

I don't think the M1 was supposed to be very Roc-like. It always seemed to me that the M2 was more the workhorse, Roc-like mid whereas the M1 was supposed to be beefier. Hence the reason they retooled the M1 to be even more overstable since the original incarnation wasn't quite overstable enough. So yeah I'd say Bard or Verdict is more the M1 whereas the Mace might be a good M2 replacement.

When someone asks for an innova replacement do you give them a trilogy disc? Just kidding.

Haha. Kidding aside, if there is an appropriate one, then sure.

Agreed. Flightwise, it looks like the Discraft Hornet is in the ballpark, but on feel the Bard is probably closer. I bag a (Green) Hornet and I like it.

The amount of irrelevant posts you make quoting flight charts and no experience with certain disc is rather astounding. No need to pad posts anymore, no place to go after getting to ace member.

On topic; I also agree with the Bard and Verdict. I liked the Verdict better because of the feel and I could forehand it easier, Bard feels much deeper too me.

Last edited:
Hornet is a great mid and has a similar rim feel to a Verdict, similar in stability to older run (good, imo) Verdicts. Actually I haven't picked up a Hornet in ages but I may switch back to them when I run out of old Verdicts.

Bard is too deep for my taste and has the Westside style flanged rim that I'm not into. Good flier though.

The Mace seems like a Rock and a Buzzz had a baby. An ugly, ugly baby.

Latest posts