• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Trilogy -X plastics

I am awaiting delivery of a VIP-X Warship. I love the plain Warship, but a tick of extra stability in the wind would be awesome.

I am awaiting delivery of a VIP-X Warship. I love the plain Warship, but a tick of extra stability in the wind would be awesome.

I have been debating trying one of these too. The Warship glides for days but that's what I was thinking too, just a bit more stability.

Also, I must've missed that there were X Saints. Did those just come out?

I have been debating trying one of these too. The Warship glides for days but that's what I was thinking too, just a bit more stability.

The chameleon run isn't any more stable than a regular vip. They feel and fly exactly the same to me. I've had other vipx stuff that was both stiffer and more stable but the warship isn't.

why would i go through the trouble of sanding down my frisbee when i can just buy one from a different manufacturer that comes without flashing

what other products do people buy where they specifically choose the more laborious route when they have other options

Trilogy stuff is definitely amongst the worst for flashing, but I haven't had that on their -X plastics at all. At least amongst the 6 River-X's I have.

Trilogy stuff is definitely amongst the worst for flashing, but I haven't had that on their -X plastics at all. At least amongst the 6 River-X's I have.

must be the ones we had in the store

i saw the x and was like ohhh new rivers and went to fondle it and almost lost my finger it was so sharp

idk i love the flights from rivers and saints but i hate the razor it comes it

The chameleon run isn't any more stable than a regular vip. They feel and fly exactly the same to me. I've had other vipx stuff that was both stiffer and more stable but the warship isn't.

I thought they were Chameleon-X so I assumed they'd be more stable. If that's the case though I'll just stick with my VIP.

I'm not sure when I got the X Saints. Trilogy were clearly on a roll cranking out X-plastic for a variety of molds, so I was checking the "Limited Release" and Misprint sections of their site daily. It seems that these runs are pretty rare, so I wanted to stock up when I had the opportunity.

I was also able to grab misprint X Explorers and Getaways.

I will say that the X Underworld is my best-flying tailwind driver at the moment. I haven't had enough opportunity to play with the X Warship to come to a meaningful conclusion about it.

My only other River is an Opto-Air, so I don't think it's a fair comparison to the Opto-X. That said, the X River still flies extremely straight and doesn't seem to finish too hard left. It's been windy lately, and a River is not normally a disc I reach for with wind.

I tried the Nikko Fortress the other day, which is the X plastic. I've been throwing the regular VIP Fortresses for about a year and a half. It dumps out noticeably but not drastically earlier than the normal VIP Fortresses. The PLH is slightly higher as you might expect. The plastic is super stiff, which I love. It also feels indestructible but I have yet to seriously test that. I'm going to try some forehand rollers and overhands with it here in the next month and I will see how it beats in.
I don't know if it will find a place in my bag as the extra stability makes it fly similarly (but not the same) as some of the Firebirds I bag.

I have a VIP-X Underworld and 2 Lucid-X Convicts with ZERO flashing. Haven't thrown the Underworld yet but the Convicts are both much beefier than their non-X counterparts. I use them mainly forehand. But also in a Firebird backhand role as well, where I don't want max distance.

Last edited:
I'm not sure when I got the X Saints. Trilogy were clearly on a roll cranking out X-plastic for a variety of molds, so I was checking the "Limited Release" and Misprint sections of their site daily. It seems that these runs are pretty rare, so I wanted to stock up when I had the opportunity.

I was also able to grab misprint X Explorers and Getaways.

I will say that the X Underworld is my best-flying tailwind driver at the moment. I haven't had enough opportunity to play with the X Warship to come to a meaningful conclusion about it.

My only other River is an Opto-Air, so I don't think it's a fair comparison to the Opto-X. That said, the X River still flies extremely straight and doesn't seem to finish too hard left. It's been windy lately, and a River is not normally a disc I reach for with wind.

Very excited to try my VIP-X Underworld!

Ordered one of those Nikko TP-X Ahti, curious to too how it throws compared to the VIP ones I have.

I have an Opto X Glimmer Fury and a VIP X Glimmer Underworld. These have considerably more high and low speed stability than what I have come to expect from these molds, but no glide has been lost.

This plastic is very good looking, but expensive and has poor grip compared with Trilogy's other offerings. It seems very durable, and I expect will be a long time before it loses any stability, but we'll all have to check back at the end of the season to report our progress.

I was a huge fan of Elasto; great grip and insane durability. I am sorry they chose to discontinue its use. Admittedly, I have dry hands and find most premium plastics to be slippery.

I really don't like the X plastics. Way too slick and I can't really dig my grip into it. I LOVE hybrid, and thankfully they are still releasing a lot of new discs in hybrid to give that added grip AND some extra stability. Hybrid verdict and getaway are staples in my bag, and I'm excited for the hybrid sergeant. I think I would like a hybrid trespass but haven't given that a try yet.

Anyone have experience with the Lucid-X Sheriff and Lucid-X Glimmer Sheriff? I've felt both in a store but the glimmer has a much larger dome while the regular Lucid-X are flat like my Lucid Sheriff. I love the look of Glimmer but not sure I like the different profile.