• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying out Trilogy

I'd say
Nuke -> Bolt or Maybe a lighter tresspass
Force -> Giant
Surge SS -> Fury or witness
Flick -> Felon
Undertaker -> Saint
Buzz -> Truth
Buzz os -> Verdict
challenger -> Judge or Dagger

From my experience the Undertaker handles the wind much better than a Saint and is a touch more stable. Haven't thrown a Saint Pro so I cannot compare the two.
I also find the Surge SS much straighter than the Witness.
Otherwise, the rest are good comparisons.

I got this, you will need. pure,harp,verdict,claymore, escape,fury, saint,spark,bolt,ballista,outlaw,scythe. and a roc 3

I'm throwing almost all trilogy- this is what I'm using primarily right now-

Pure- straight throwing putter
Harp- OS throwing putter
Fuse-US mid
Compass-straight mid(one of my favorites)
Bard-OS mid
Trident- very OS utility mid/fairway
Recycled Spark- straight/OS fairway, think teebird
Fury- US control Driver
Culverin- OS control driver
Sword- slightly US distance driver
Trespass- straight/OS distance when fresh, beats in to some turn
Scythe- OS distance driver
Bolt- wide open long distance flex shots, fairly understable

I've thrown lots and lots more, all depends on how you throw and what you like really. The plastic is fantastic and for the most part they mold up fairly consistently.

Discs I've thrown and enjoyed:

Fuse: Understable, floaty and neutral. I bag one always.
Claymore: Like a Fuse but not as touchy and feels more like a Buzzz.
Core: Straight mid with good glide. Slightly plus rim bothers some but it's Buzzz-like.
Truth: Very Buzzz-like, lacks the plus rim of the Core.
Verdict: Feels like a blunt Buzzz, flies like a Hornet/Wasp kind of straight-to-fade mid. Very solid.
Warship: Straight, quick and lots of glide. Easy distance for a mid but can get bothered by wind when they beat in.
Evidence: Similar to a Buzzz SS but feels like a Buzzz and has really good HSS without much LSS. One of the straightest hyzer flip mids I've thrown. It kicked a Squall out of my bag.
Pain: OOP I think but a great Rancho Roc in premium plastic clone.

River: Renowned for its glide, a classic hyzer flip distance driver in the narrow rim class.
Saint: Another narrow rim DD, big glide and S-curves galore.
Striker: Straight FW driver, an older mold for them that had some mold consistency growing pains.
Trident: Another oldie but goody, doggedly straight-to-fade FW driver, think Banshee. Possibly OOP.
xXx: The original Trilogy Firebird, a little slower perhaps but flat ones are super beefy and wonderful. Domey ones are more manageable throwers but FAF ones are where they shine. Great disc.
Seer: Easy to throw understable FW driver. This is my Trilogy Leopard/Xpress and personally bagged.
Blitz: Plus rimmed Champ Destroyer kind of. Maybe OOP.
Halo: Really plus rimmed Nuke type disc. Was too fast/wide for me to get much distance with them but I liked them for FH.
Trespass: Seasoned Destroyer, good mold that has stayed in my bag due to its ability to avoid water and nasty roughs.
Sword: Seasoned Wraith/Surge type. Terrifically straight driver with lots of glide and a rim that feels good in smaller hands.
King: These range from understable but still come back (really domey) to stupid understable turn and burners. But I can't quit them b/c if you get one just right it goes boom. I keep a flippy one bagged for tailwinds, big downhill shots and big left to right carries.
Destiny: Like the King except a smidge less finicky. Go heavy to avoid overlap with Kings. Currently bagging one for now.
Giant: Great mold. Like a Force or beefy Champ Destroyer. Glides well for such an OS mold too. Some are crazy OS though.
Sampo: Trilogy Challenge ones are nice and stable, straight to healthy fade. The production ones are purportedly less stable.
Northman: I can't remember. Straight, SL kind of disc I think.
Diamond: Really understable, lightweight FW driver.

Pure: Low profile mold that throws as well as it putts.
Swan1: Understable, low profile glide monster. Think APX.
Macana: Beaded putter, shaped a lot like a Voodoo. Similar to a Focus.
Judge: Beaded putter, shaped a lot like a Wizard.

Discs I've thrown and enjoyed:

Fuse: Understable, floaty and neutral. I bag one always.
Claymore: Like a Fuse but not as touchy and feels more like a Buzzz.
Core: Straight mid with good glide. Slightly plus rim bothers some but it's Buzzz-like.
Truth: Very Buzzz-like, lacks the plus rim of the Core.
Verdict: Feels like a blunt Buzzz, flies like a Hornet/Wasp kind of straight-to-fade mid. Very solid.
Warship: Straight, quick and lots of glide. Easy distance for a mid but can get bothered by wind when they beat in.
Evidence: Similar to a Buzzz SS but feels like a Buzzz and has really good HSS without much LSS. One of the straightest hyzer flip mids I've thrown. It kicked a Squall out of my bag.
Pain: OOP I think but a great Rancho Roc in premium plastic clone.

River: Renowned for its glide, a classic hyzer flip distance driver in the narrow rim class.
Saint: Another narrow rim DD, big glide and S-curves galore.
Striker: Straight FW driver, an older mold for them that had some mold consistency growing pains.
Trident: Another oldie but goody, doggedly straight-to-fade FW driver, think Banshee. Possibly OOP.
xXx: The original Trilogy Firebird, a little slower perhaps but flat ones are super beefy and wonderful. Domey ones are more manageable throwers but FAF ones are where they shine. Great disc.
Seer: Easy to throw understable FW driver. This is my Trilogy Leopard/Xpress and personally bagged.
Blitz: Plus rimmed Champ Destroyer kind of. Maybe OOP.
Halo: Really plus rimmed Nuke type disc. Was too fast/wide for me to get much distance with them but I liked them for FH.
Trespass: Seasoned Destroyer, good mold that has stayed in my bag due to its ability to avoid water and nasty roughs.
Sword: Seasoned Wraith/Surge type. Terrifically straight driver with lots of glide and a rim that feels good in smaller hands.
King: These range from understable but still come back (really domey) to stupid understable turn and burners. But I can't quit them b/c if you get one just right it goes boom. I keep a flippy one bagged for tailwinds, big downhill shots and big left to right carries.
Destiny: Like the King except a smidge less finicky. Go heavy to avoid overlap with Kings. Currently bagging one for now.
Giant: Great mold. Like a Force or beefy Champ Destroyer. Glides well for such an OS mold too. Some are crazy OS though.
Sampo: Trilogy Challenge ones are nice and stable, straight to healthy fade. The production ones are purportedly less stable.
Northman: I can't remember. Straight, SL kind of disc I think.
Diamond: Really understable, lightweight FW driver.

Pure: Low profile mold that throws as well as it putts.
Swan1: Understable, low profile glide monster. Think APX.
Macana: Beaded putter, shaped a lot like a Voodoo. Similar to a Focus.
Judge: Beaded putter, shaped a lot like a Wizard.

Nice post!

I throw mostly Trilogy with an emphasis on DD. Lots of great discs to choose from, especially if you're a beginner or if you're like me and don't have a big arm. Here's what I bag:

DD Renegade: Great understable driver.
DD Convict: (Over) stable fairway driver. Flies like a Thunderbird for me.
DD Thief: Stable fairway driver. Bag three of them in different states of beat-in-ed-ness. My go-to disc off the tee nearly every time. I'd say it's comparable to a Valkyrie or a beat-in Teebird. Lighter weights could be compared to a Leopard.
WS Sorcerer: A faster Seer.
WS Seer: Understable fairway driver. Great for shots that MUST turn over.
DD Verdict: OS mid great for headwind shots that need to fade.
DD Truth: Straight mid right out of the box.
DD Warrant: Flippy mid, great for tailwind shots and hyzer-flips.
WS Tursas: Basically a faster Warrant.
DD Judge: The only disc I putt with. (It's just a Warden with a bead.)

I love Trilogy. Best of luck finding discs that work for your game, bro.

Based off of how far you throw, a Truth will work really well for you. You'll get that thing to take a nice line for you. A harp would be a good driving putter. River will go nice if you don't flip it. King and Misselin would be good drivers.

This is all based off of what other players I know throw. They are closer to your skill range. I throw a lot stuff that's a lot slower and understable.

Latest posts