• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDISC ups price to $30/year - does DGCR still have a free mobile app for scorekeeping?

I had it. It's a cute app. But you can use 3 or 4 different web sites for free to find courses. So no value there. You can keep score in your head. So no value there. You can measure your practice throws when you walk to your disc by counting your steps. So no value there. You can however bring up a history of throws and scores from the past. So there is value there. But not more than $5-$10 worth imo. For me, the increase is not worth it. It seems like a greedy cash grab b/c the sport was becoming popular. However, to each his own.

UDisc is ran by woke assholes that don't like honest opinions, in my honest opinion

UDisc is ran by woke assholes that don't like honest opinions, in my honest opinion

Before this place was run by the new management, this place was run by woke assholes that didn't like discussions that involved ideas counter to their political affiliation/ideology. I know for a fact Greens isn't an asshole (Cool guy in fact, I respect him) and if he's "woke" he sure doesn't wear it on his sleeve or mandate to the users here so I don't care. A lot of discussions were stamped out in the past, threads closed, and people banned by the old mods for nothing more than annoying the people in power here. Just saying. Glad Greens is in charge, new mod in, old mods out, good change but don't act all high and mighty like DGCR was some bastion of free speech.

As far as my thoughts on Udisc (first time seeing this thread) it's a really great app. I wanted to hate it and when I first downloaded it I deleted it soon after but it has become almost necessary for course bagging, which is my jam when it comes to DG. It has the most updated course conditions and tournament information than any other mobile app. Plus the GPS guided maps so you don't have to navigate anymore are genius and worth it just for that. Some of you complain about it not being worth to money TO YOU which is fine but also some of you buy $80 collector discs and never throw them which isn't worth the money TO ME. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Udisc has more courses than DGCR, sorry but it's true and when I do my bagging, I add all of the Udisc courses to here. DGCR is still the BEST review site for DG and always has been. This site has changed my life, no doubt about it. Also the amount of information here is so freaking good and compiled for anyone to look at for free and also interact with which I appreciate. I think it's just fine to both like Udisc and DGCR at the same time which I do. I don't do any work on Udisc, I do all of my reviews, updates, etc. on here. It's fashionable here to bash Udisc just like it was fashionable over at DGR to bash DGCR because of the perceived competition but if you can't honestly see the value that some people get out of Udisc, take a step back and open up your eyes a bit.

Last edited:
I'm starting to like the round ratings as well. If nothing else, after a tough round at a new course, it will give me some idea whether the course was more difficult than I anticipated or if I just played poorly. It can also let me know that I'm not really very good and my -3 could be matched by your average 10 year-old on that course I just played.

Does anyone use the shot by shot tracking regularly? I've used it on occasion, but fine the GPS fairly slow to pinpoint my location. Is my phone the problem or is it just the nature of GPS location on a smartphone?

Does anyone use the shot by shot tracking regularly? I've used it on occasion, but fine the GPS fairly slow to pinpoint my location. Is my phone the problem or is it just the nature of GPS location on a smartphone?

Yes.

Or better stated 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I can only use shot tracking in wide open areas, and even then it's only ok. Don't get me started about using the gps to do pin and pad placements for smart layouts. 🤬

Yes.

Or better stated 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I can only use shot tracking in wide open areas, and even then it's only ok. Don't get me started about using the gps to do pin and pad placements for smart layouts. 🤬

Thanks, that's helpful to know. I'll apologize to my phone for all the abuse over the past six months.

Fortunately, the smart layout that I worked on is for a course with abundant reference points, so I didn't have to try to do it with GPS.

Oh, and I forgot one more useful UDisc thing. The ability to keep my phone in the bag and use my watch for scoring is very handy.

The ability to keep my phone in the bag and use my watch for scoring is very handy.
I can't speak to smart layouts (I think it's a neat feature, but we are two people with limited time). However, the watch feature is something I'm highly interested in pursuing. I love my Apple Watch Ultra, found a cheap v1 on the marketplace, and not having to charge it daily was a game changer for me.

Please note: I will not be trying to pursue that feature seriously until the site parity is up to date. I am working to read more and more about it, though.
I know for a fact Greens isn't an asshole (Cool guy in fact, I respect him)
I'm printing this off and putting it up on my computer. So I can look at it after I go read the app reviews for DGCR. 😄

The other app has been getting better and better, however they are adding so much stuff to it, that I am starting to get confused with it.

What I hate the most, is all the back yard, proposed, or Temp courses that show up and never get deleted. Of course we have the issue of new courses not getting uploaded here and old debunked courses not getting updated. But it's an easy fix now.

I have attempted to fix, map, or update things on that other app. I gave up when they started the course ambassadors thing. I only try to update this site now. In fact I just fixed a misspelling of a city today and will be uploading a buttload of pictures of the 9 courses I played yesterday.

I still have issues using DGCR when out course collecting. I almost exclusively use DGCR from my PC in my office at work. I tried to search for a course listed here but not on the other app yesterday. I could not figure out how to remove courses already played from my map.

I still have issues using DGCR when out course collecting. I almost exclusively use DGCR from my PC in my office at work. I tried to search for a course listed here but not on the other app yesterday. I could not figure out how to remove courses already played from my map.

Does the filter not work?
IMG_1511CACFEC8E-1.jpeg

I'm still trying to work on the media wishlist.

The exclude played courses filter worked for me a few days ago I believe it was.

@greens

LOL, I was on 2.0.0 and just updated it, now I am getting a blank white screen. Going to try to turn it off and back on again.

Ok, I am really having issues. I restarted my phone and the app still went to a white screen.

So I un installed it and re installed it.

Now it opens, but when I go to the maps, it does not do anything.

oh, and while I am sitting here trying to figure it out, I found I still had 1.0 installed on my phone so I removed it too.

Ok, I FINALLY got it working. I left it on the map for a while and it finally popped up. With the update I can take the "already played" courses off the map.

I forgot how to move things around on my phone, I had to look it back up. I was trying to remember how to take a screen shot when I notice the maps had opened up finally.

It sucks being old, huh? :p
Yea, I had to ask my 20 something year old employee how to download an app, I had not done it in such a long time I could not remember.

I don't use my phone much, I use UDisc when I am out course collecting, I use my bank and sometimes facebook. But I am not one that sits on their phone all the time. I sit Infront of my PC.

Yea, I had to ask my 20 something year old employee how to download an app, I had not done it in such a long time I could not remember.

I don't use my phone much, I use UDisc when I am out course collecting, I use my bank and sometimes facebook. But I am not one that sits on their phone all the time. I sit Infront of my PC.

Same. My 9 year old niece can do just about anything on these damned phones and if she doesn't know she can figure it out about 15 minutes faster than I can. I feel ya!

Latest posts