• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Under stable Westside/Dynamic drivers

unkindnessofcrows

Par Member
I'm hoping to throw more Westside/Dynamic this year. I'm looking for a good under stable driver in both brands. Comparable to the red and white first run esp surge. Any help would be appreciated.

Northman and Underworld are understable, can't speak to how similar they are to a FR Surge though...

Trespass is understable at high speed and for bigger arms. The Renegade even more so for players with shorter arms. Both from DD. They are also releasing an understable speed 7-ish fairway next that compliments the Escape a speed 9 fairway-control driver. It's similar to a valkyrie I think. High speed you will get some turn or thrown with hyzer they flip to flat and go pretty straight with fade.

Underworld is a great roller or turnover speed 7 fairway but it's nothing like a surge really. It's pretty flippy. It's more like a faster leopard.

Is there a reason for not wanting any Latitude 64? They make the discs for Dynamic Discs and Westside so they have the same plastics and awesome glide.

Thanks for all the info fellas. I'm not real familiar with Lat64 is the only reason I only mentioned WS/DD. I am open to an suggestions about Lat64 drivers as we'll. I have been throwing only Discraft for the past 8 years and have found DD/WS make great comparable disc to Discraft. Want to start the season off with some new blood.

In Lat id try out the Fury and the River, both are great understable discs.... especially the River. Goldline Strikers are really nice once they break in too.

River and Underworld. Anyone can make those things fly far. However neither are anything like a Surge.

Lat 64 flow would be the most wraith/surge like. DD renegade if you want a already seasoned surge(I used to throw orange first run surges). Heavy VIP northman might work also(if your surge is on the well used side)

Thanks for all the info fellas. I'm not real familiar with Lat64 is the only reason I only mentioned WS/DD. I am open to an suggestions about Lat64 drivers as we'll. I have been throwing only Discraft for the past 8 years and have found DD/WS make great comparable disc to Discraft. Want to start the season off with some new blood.
i love me some Lat64
fury, vision, and saint for control drivers
flow and bolt are faster drivers

sword/flow/trespass are similiar for me

in order of stability (least to most) I'd say

flow/trespass/sword

All are good discs, reliable, not too massive of a rim, and controllable

I throw Villian/Trespass/Renegade for my drivers