• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable fairway driver

My advice - get a DX eagle and beat the crap out of it. A beat dx eagle is the best slow turning fairway driver I've ever thrown. I also have a base plastic Polaris LS and I use it for exactly the shot you are describing, but DX Eagles are easier to find

Make sure it's a DX Eagle X. The DX Eagle L is not slow turning. It's fast turning. You can release it on a vertical spike hyzer angle and it will flip over. However, if you're in love with touch shots, it can work very well.

gstarrr sw

opto saint

while i would argue these discs are both neutral they have baby fade especially for speed 9

for moar true us another option would be opto fury

Make sure it's a DX Eagle X. The DX Eagle L is not slow turning. It's fast turning. You can release it on a vertical spike hyzer angle and it will flip over. However, if you're in love with touch shots, it can work very well.

Yeah good point...I've never thrown the L mold...I find beat stable disc make much more controllable "flippy" discs than discs that start out flippy.

In my bag the answer is Comet, Leopard3 or Sidewinder depending on the distance and type of shot desired.

Other great choices could be Maverick, River, Underworld, Sol, Archer or Glide. Heck, if you have finesse a Diamond could be a great choice for that shot.

My most consistent and controllable left to right with no fade back out of all those I listed are the Leo3 (gstar) and Diamond. I go with the Leo3 in the bag. Of course ymmv.

Comets will go farther than you think. If I need a bit more significant movement to the right, I go for a DGA Tremor. For even more distance with movement to the right, I'll rip an Essence (but that might be too much disc judging by your post).

I highly recommend the Tremor, especially for lower arm speeds looking for effortless turnovers (with really good distance).

I use an Axiom Insanity in this spot in my bag. It's a speed 9ish fairway that's easy to turn, but I've never really flipped it in an unintended roller.

The Archer and Underworld are my favorites in the slower fairway category. The Fury should you want something a little faster. I don't throw these as often as I once did. My local courses require most of the tee shots to finish to the right. After several years, I finally gave in and learned to throw a forehand. Finding the perfect understable disc for your backhand is only a little easier than locating the holy grail.

Pro leopard is my us fairway. Thrown high and flat for big anny turnovers is it's main purpose. Also for those those flip up tunnel shots.

If a heat isn't holding the turn you want, probably look into slower discs. Holding the turn means maintaining the speed needed to turn.

Leopard, River, Sting, Relay, or even a new polaris to work in would be good options. You could even just look into a neutral to understable mid (or putter) on a straighter line if you're not trying to get around the corner and birdie. Something like an M4, Fuse, Comet, etc.

If a heat isn't holding the turn you want, probably look into slower discs. Holding the turn means maintaining the speed needed to turn.

Leopard, River, Sting, Relay, or even a new polaris to work in would be good options. You could even just look into a neutral to understable mid (or putter) on a straighter line if you're not trying to get around the corner and birdie. Something like an M4, Fuse, Comet, etc.

Exactly what I was saying. You'd be surprised at the distance you can get out of a glidey understable mid, and it will hold the turn all the way.
DGA Tremor, or a Comet (although a lot of the new Z Comets I've found to come out fairly stable lately, but great for cycling).