• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable Fairway

Westside underworld. Super easy to hyzer flip and easy distance.

I know this isn't an Innova disc, but my favorite understable fairway driver is the Underworld by Westside. It has amazing glide and a small rim. It holds and anhyzer line amazingly as well!

You could MP and get someone else's beat up Teebirds.

Have fun with that champ birds take forever to season to under stable and no tb thrower wants to let them go cuz their so nice, now if it's dx your talking about he could just buy a new one and beat to flippy in a week or two.

River or Roadrunner. And at 350' of distance you could even get some turn out of a Saint or Stag. I'd say buying some beat TBs from the marketplace is a good call if you want to stick with Teebirds 100%. No sense mixing in another mold. But there are some good options out there if you are adding a mold. Just be careful, Swedish plastic tends to be addicting.

Another disc always left off the list is the Dragon, especially the old school 150's. That particular blend is super grippy and durable and since they are not popular, you can pick them up for about 7 bucks new if you keep an eye out. I bought another off ebay just today.

Latitude 64 River is a wonderful fairway driver. A Saint (once beat in) works pretty well too, especially if you have good wrist snap, but the River should be fine. Westside's Underworld is a lot more under stable, but has its place in my bag.

I'd recommend a FD-jackyl in s-plastic (star). It feels similar in the hand to a Teebird but is more understable than a TL. Try a high 160's or 170's. The FD has great glide and can go very far. Great disc. You could order a Teebird or TL in pro plastic from the innova proshop too.

Everyone is different and there isn't one magical disc anyone can recommend but I use a beat Bio Escape and it's money.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but you've got a dx teebird right where you want it. You're also throwing some star and champion to get broke in.....why not get a fresh dx teebird and keep doing as you are? Or put the dx teebird aside and start on a new one and keep working on the star and champs? If you don't want to do that I'll go ahead and give you a list of other discs like everyone else is doing but if you like that mold you can find a ton of variation with it. Flat old champs, new champs, domey stars, eco stars, CFR sparkle, CFR glow, all kinds. If you funds to burn find a CAL Mold 11x Champ that is beat and at a thrower price. That's my all time favorite teebird.

Here's some other good fairways though and for the record I'm not comparing any of them to the teebird. Just saying I've thrown them and I liked the mold.

Leopard, Underworld, River, Saint, Escape, Eagle, FD Jackal, Rival, Vision.....that's about all I can think of. You said you didn't like MVP and I haven't thrown any of their fairways anyway.

Last edited:
I can't explain why but I have more fun throwing the River than any other disc in my bag. Love that disc.

I would recommend an opto saint. It would be very comparable to a new dx tbird and it would break in nicely for long term use vs. a river or something more understable.

Have fun with that champ birds take forever to season to under stable and no tb thrower wants to let them go cuz their so nice, now if it's dx your talking about he could just buy a new one and beat to flippy in a week or two.

Last night I saw a 7/10 premium bird on the MP.