• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

United States disc golf championships

Is pay per view at US dgc a good idea or not?

• Total voters
Who's this Pablo McBeth guy giving Dickerson a run for his money?

And what the heck happened to Paige today? Wasn't she in 1st after 2nd Rd?

What a difference a day makes...
:popcorn:

Lil wet out there today. Spent half the day preparing for lightning that thankfully never made it to Rock Hill. Some nice fireworks on the course though.

Part of the rationale for using Winthrop is to be able to put on a spectacle, and they've done it better than anyone else. The USDGC put prestige into an event, at a time when tournaments were all about the same -- and Worlds, just more of the same (more rounds, more days).

There'll be a large gallery following the event. They've sold out of $200 tickets and $50 tickets, and the remaining 1-day tickets are $20. Nowhere else are large crowds of people paying real money to watch disc golfers in person.

Yeah, it's not the greatest property for disc golf, and some of their experiments have flopped. But I'm willing to cut them some slack, for what they've accomplished. And people still seem to care more about this event, than any other except (perhaps) Worlds.

Footnote that I was there today, in an incessant rain for at least 4 hours, with big enough crowds that it was often hard to get a vantage point -- crowds that paid significant money and endured the rains, just to watch.

It rained today?

I've seen worse.

Ubk6f9Z.jpg

Last edited:
Val should have gone safe on 17 after Missy went ob, triple bogey instead.

Hard to not feel for Valerie but she have blown SO many chances. .

Missy goes OB on 17 so WHY did not Valerie play out to the far right of the basket and just take the par?

i dont really get why the FPO field keep going for all the birdys when even par total gives you 2nd place.. . why not just play SAFE with slower discs and stay well of the OB.
I really do think many of the players could par most of the holes with just a putter..if you can throw a putter 200-250ft you can take par on almost every hole...

The MPO filed HAS to go for every birdy...FPO does not, the should just go for the par

me too...glad I spent that 25 bucks..

Yeah. This is the money round. I'm sure they had this many people watching during worlds ... but many not this many watching on DGN? I know they're using vimeo, and I'd expect that to handle load fairly well.

Just hope they get it fixed before Paul runs away with it. Or maybe he'll such for a few holes and it'll get close.