• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unwritten Rules?

Its a stupid tough penalty to swallow when the math is wrong....2 strokes I believe
Corrected score plus 2. You can have the odd situation where someone mis-adds their score reporting it as 2 higher than it was. Then, end up with the same score once the corrected score is determined plus the 2-throw penalty.

Has anyone every encountered a situation where the score card holder was purposely cheating by marking themselves lower scores? I have seen it happen by accident, but that is why the scores get called out, not just assumed.

Make sure they're not expecting you to bring the goat. Nothing worse than standing there with everybody looking at you, wanting to know where the goat is.

And remember, if everybody starts running. It's not important that you keep up.

Take time to thank the volunteers and the TD. Most do these tournament because they love the game. They hear a lot of complaints from a lot of players. Those that complain probably have never been a TD before.

If the tournament has local sponsors...like restaurants. Grab lunch or dinner there and tell a manager or owner you're there because of their sponsorship. Those local businesses will more likely continue to sponsor events if they know for certain they're getting results for giving their money to the frisbee guy.

^^Very true^^

Definitely support the sponsors, otherwise they won't be next year.

If you hit an ace, be courteous and ask the group if they want you to clear out the basket before they throw.

Have fun at your first tournaments.

Take time to thank the volunteers and the TD. Most do these tournament because they love the game. They hear a lot of complaints from a lot of players. Those that complain probably have never been a TD before.

yes, please do.

i volunteered to spot/do scorecards for the 09 and 2010 st. louis opens, and got maybe a dozen ''thank you''s between the two years.

wasn't really paying attention...

yes, please also thank the td's and realize that just like every other person in a position of authority, they can't please everyone.

I know this may not apply, but don't curse at the top of your lungs (especially with a TD with in ear shot) if you blow a shot. This is quick way to get in trouble.

Latest posts