• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Front of bag - Filled with 17 Discs
rqSHYMm.jpg

Two rarely used utility discs on the interior mesh pockets (not even advertised on the website)
RhIhmuc.jpg

Rainfly fits well, even with 32oz Powerade:
jVYWl4P.jpg

Rainfly offers good access to main pocket - more details in review:
DqRKmNL.jpg

After a week with this bag and 10 rounds, I am in love! 17 discs - 4 putters, 3 mids, 5 fairways, 2 utility, 3 drivers - easily fit and I have taken a fourth max-d driver in the top pocket for a round, but it was a little tight, so I stuck with 3. (2x D2, 1x US D4) There are two mesh pockets on the inside walls of the bag, behind where I have my putters, that also hold my two utility discs (X1 for max OS driver/overhand and Hornet for max OS mid) The quality is outstanding. Even beating this thing up, tossing it around, trudging through wet rounds, over-stuffing it, and having it roll around the back of my SUV, it is perfection.

The accessibility of the vertical storage cannot be understated! The Shift is by far the most convenient bag I've ever used. (not to mention showing off the sexy plastic more :D) It stands very well - even on hills and rough terrain - as long as you face your water bottle downhill. It is incredibly light. It offers very easy access to my putters in the side pocket if carried one-armed between shots and it is exceptionally comfortable worn over both shoulders. Even in the muggy 90 degree weather yesterday, this bag was quite comfortable on my back.

I was a little worried about storage, not having large side pockets like my previous bags or even any small bags that I have used. However, the bottom of this bag (below main discs) is expansive! Plenty of room for a windbreaker (probably a hoodie in the winter), an extra Powerade (to aid me in my powers), and a couple snack bars. (type 1 diabetic) Moreover, the two hip pockets on the waist strap easily fit my large keychain, work and personal cells (Samsung S4 mini and LG G3 for size reference), insulin, and syringe. I am very pleased with the storage capability.

Sunday I got the chance to use the rainfly for a round. The opening offers very nice access to the inner pocket and stretched plenty to reach the sides, however, I ended up switching two of my putters to the main pocket for convenience. The rainfly also fully covers the bottom of the back, preventing the dreaded wet-butt syndrome! :gross:

All-in-all. I am very impressed with build quality, convenience, storage, and GREAT looks! I will be with UPD for a very long time.

rqSHYMm.jpg

Two rarely used utility discs on the interior mesh pockets (not even advertised on the website)
RhIhmuc.jpg

jVYWl4P.jpg

DqRKmNL.jpg

After a week with this bag and 10 rounds, I am in love! 17 discs - 4 putters, 3 mids, 5 fairways, 2 utility, 3 drivers - easily fit and I have taken a fourth max-d driver in the top pocket for a round, but it was a little tight, so I stuck with 3. (2x D2, 1x US D4) There are two mesh pockets on the inside walls of the bag, behind where I have my putters, that also hold my two utility discs (X1 for max OS driver/overhand and Hornet for max OS mid) The quality is outstanding. Even beating this thing up, tossing it around, trudging through wet rounds, over-stuffing it, and having it roll around the back of my SUV, it is perfection.

The accessibility of the vertical storage cannot be understated! The Shift is by far the most convenient bag I've ever used. (not to mention showing off the sexy plastic more :D) It stands very well - even on hills and rough terrain - as long as you face your water bottle downhill. It is incredibly light. It offers very easy access to my putters in the side pocket if carried one-armed between shots and it is exceptionally comfortable worn over both shoulders. Even in the muggy 90 degree weather yesterday, this bag was quite comfortable on my back.

I was a little worried about storage, not having large side pockets like my previous bags or even any small bags that I have used. However, the bottom of this bag (below main discs) is expansive! Plenty of room for a windbreaker (probably a hoodie in the winter), an extra Powerade (to aid me in my powers), and a couple snack bars. (type 1 diabetic) Moreover, the two hip pockets on the waist strap easily fit my large keychain, work and personal cells (Samsung S4 mini and LG G3 for size reference), insulin, and syringe. I am very pleased with the storage capability.

Sunday I got the chance to use the rainfly for a round. The opening offers very nice access to the inner pocket and stretched plenty to reach the sides, however, I ended up switching two of my putters to the main pocket for convenience. The rainfly also fully covers the bottom of the back, preventing the dreaded wet-butt syndrome! :gross:

All-in-all. I am very impressed with build quality, convenience, storage, and GREAT looks! I will be with UPD for a very long time.

Looks nice and I see your newest dyed disc made the bag ;)

I've been meaning to ask if you do customs and could manage a Jack Skellington on a white Archon?

Incredibly happy. Took it out for a round and loved it!

What are you guys finding to be the best disc configurations?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441237629702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441237629702.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 50
my latest config is mids/putters in the vertical slots. drivers on the outside. so far this is my favorite. i put 2 discs in each slot in the vertical spots

So far I've got:

2 Sets of 2 Drivers on the outside most pockets
1 other driver and 1 mid in the second outside pockets

3 putters in the verticals

Seems the outside pockets work better with driver/mids

It's a little sticky for 4 putters in the outer pockets, but I love being able to one-shoulder the bag and reach any of my four main putters.

It's a little sticky for 4 putters in the outer pockets, but I love being able to one-shoulder the bag and reach any of my four main putters.

That's what I found. The first round I took it out, I put my 3 putters into 3 of the outside pockets and my mid in the 4th. Drivers in the vertical. Seeing as how I reach for mid/putter more often than a driver I think the vertical pockets make better since for putters

I'm just holding for that easy access to my putters. Having my main driving, main putting, main OS, and US putter all so readily available makes it so nice to one-shoulder the bag from my approach and feel which disc feels better for the shot as I walk up...

However, I do completely agree that they can be a bit sticky and it's a lot, LOT easier to get drivers/mids out of those sides!

Cheers!

Is this the regular or slight shift?

rqSHYMm.jpg

RhIhmuc.jpg

jVYWl4P.jpg

DqRKmNL.jpg

I just got a secondhand Shift and must say I'm impressed. Lightweight and comfortable. I have plenty of room for my disc setup and misc gear on the inside. The only drawback for me personally is the single water bottle holder, but I'm not even certain that will bother me except for the hottest of days anyway.

Currently I have
3 putters in the top vertical
2 putters in the 2nd vertical
Mid/driver/fairway in 3rd vertical
Outside pockets are
Mid/driver/fairway
Mid/driver/driver
Fairway/fairway/driver
Driver/mid

19 total- I could squeeze another 2 in there if I had to, but I'm liking this setup. I could probably lose a couple discs too and have some extra room also.

Bag carries very well on the back, and sits perfectly on my tripod stool which is important to me.

Only thing I'm lacking is a good spot to hang my chalk bag.

Never mind I contacted them and they are sending one out tomorrow via priority mail and throwing in another mini. AMAZING customer service!

Took it out for 2 rounds today and going putters in the vertical slots and drivers/mids on the outside was definitely the way to go. Much better experience, especially since I throw my putters a lot lol. :hfive:

Yeah, I have my 2 putters in the top slot and 5 drivers in the 2 slots below those. 3 mids or extra putters on each of the side mesh.

Thought about moving things around so that the putters were on the sides but my brain won't let me separate them just yet. Maybe if I gain another driver I just have to carry I will make the change but so far I like things the way they are!

Ive tried a ton of combos on the shift and settled with one for not at least. 2 mids/putters in each vertical slot. 2 drivers in each outside pocket. i want my putters high since i throw them the most. like probably 75% of my throws are with a putter.

Latest posts