• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Why would you put, arguably the heaviest item, furthest from the body? I don't understand the weird design.

I truly don't understand the appeal of these bags :confused:

Go Paige.. :thmbup:

I don't understand this post

I don't understand this post

When you put weight further from your core/body, your body will have to counterbalance. Doesn't seem like it would be comfortable, or good for the back. But I don't know.

Im assuming that's why all other bag companies have the holders close to the body.

Your theory about weight away from the body isn't crazy, but it's a complete non-issue on the Shift. It does not ride uncomfortably at all.
Ridiculous how light that Shift actually is.

When you put weight further from your core/body, your body will have to counterbalance. Doesn't seem like it would be comfortable, or good for the back. But I don't know.

Im assuming that's why all other bag companies have the holders close to the body.

It looks like a jet pack. Who cares about everything else...

Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?

giphy.gif

Just ordered a shift v4 yesterday, can't wait to get it and go to the course with it.

That was a concern I had as well before getting my Shift, but as others have said, it turns out to be a non-issue. If they tried to put 2 bottle holders there, I think it would be problematic, but as it is with one, it rides comfortably. The only real issue I have with the placement is that you can't grab your bottle on the go very easily, but otherwise it works very well.

Has anyone had a shift that has used a grip? I'm looking to buy one to have as lighter bag than my original grip tour bag and just wanted to make sure it would be lighter .

Unless you're throwing all blizzard plastic, your discs are denser than water, so the overall weight is being kept as close to the body as possible

Has anyone had a shift that has used a grip? I'm looking to buy one to have as lighter bag than my original grip tour bag and just wanted to make sure it would be lighter .

I carry a Grip A-series and my fiancé has a Shift. It is significantly lighter, and I've thought many times about ordering one for myself for shorter courses and some casual rounds.
If I wasn't dealing with shoulder issues and an uncertain throwing future, I'd likely have it already.

I carry a Grip A-series and my fiancé has a Shift. It is significantly lighter, and I've thought many times about ordering one for myself for shorter courses and some casual rounds.
If I wasn't dealing with shoulder issues and an uncertain throwing future, I'd likely have it already.

Self quote....

I was curious so I weighed them. 20 discs in each, no water, misc other crap not removed....
The Grip A-series was exactly 2 pounds heavier. Not sure exactly how accurate my scale is (bathroom scale, me wearing each bag) but I tried three different times and got exactly the same readings.

I was surprised. I thought the difference would be a bit bigger. The Shift feels way lighter.

Self quote....

I was curious so I weighed them. 20 discs in each, no water, misc other crap not removed....
The Grip A-series was exactly 2 pounds heavier. Not sure exactly how accurate my scale is (bathroom scale, me wearing each bag) but I tried three different times and got exactly the same readings.

I was surprised. I thought the difference would be a bit bigger. The Shift feels way lighter.

2 lbs. doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a noticeable amount, especially when lugging a bag around. For reference, a Nalgene full of water is 2 lbs., and I think we can all relate to how much heavier a bag feels when carrying an extra bottle. (Also, roughly equivalent to 5 or 6 discs.)

Agreed. It's definitely a significant difference, but the Shift feels even lighter than that.

That's a testimony to the ergonomics, which is clearly an area UPD put a lot of thought and energy into getting right. The weight of the discs is so well distributed and so well balanced, even when carried by the handle, that you don't notice the weight as much as you do with a less well-balanced bag.

Everyone who's tried on my bag can't believe how comfortable and how light it feels, even with 20 disc and a full 1L camelback.

First time out with my slight shift in the rain. The fly was very nice to have today, even if the Velcro isn't quite in the right spot for my taste (should be further down to hold the flap lower).

I've put a few dozen rounds on this thing and I'm really happy I got it.

The more I use my Shift, the more I love it. A. It keeps me down to no more than 18-19 discs (because I used to carry the Voodoo Zulu and I'm guilty of carrying more than I need...), and B. It's sooooooooo light weight and is soooooo comfortable.

My only complaint is that there's not much room to put other stuff i.e. the towels, snacks, and more importantly bug spray and sun screen for the summer. I'm sure it'll be fine when I figure out how to arrange the inside of the bag. Also it would be nice to have some extra room to test out plastic. With spring right around the corner, I'm starting to try out discs and I can't find space for the testers so I can throw side by side with my core bag. Very small complaints, though. I'm more than content with the bag so far!!

How much stuff are you bringing? The storage in the shift seems very good for a medium bag. Two towels, bug spray, socks, and long sleeve shirt fit easy.

Latest posts