• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

US Womens Championships

JC17393

* Ace Member *
First groups have gone off on both courses.

Live scoring at PDGALive.com for all players.

As usual, follow PDGA social media for further updates, videos, and photos.

For starters, check out the welcome video from a celebrity with local ties that was shown at the players meeting last night.

All the ladies are off for round 2. Live scoring for every single player at PDGALive.com.

While the Hawk is technically the "easy" course of the two being played, I think there's more than enough scoring diversity that anything can happen, especially over two rounds. No one's picks are out of it.

Nothing live in terms of video. Terry Miller is here filming for the Disc Golf Guy channel. He's sitting next to me right now doing some rough cuts on round 2, so I anticipate at least one of today's rounds will be up by morning.

Some of these have been up a couple days, but here's Terry Miller's videos from Saturday's action at USWDGC.

Nobody cares, JC. Look at this thread's participation. The USDGC coverage thread has like 20 times the posts.

Streets, cue the Dawson face for women's disc golf.

Anyway, congrats to Sarah for her win, and to our very own Holly for a strong showing, and the ace! :thmbup:

Nobody cares, JC. Look at this thread's participation. The USDGC coverage thread has like 20 times the posts.

Anyway, congrats to Sarah for her win, and to our very own Holly for a strong showing, and the ace! :thmbup:

No wasting the effort

Is there footage of the ace?

Just wanna see the shot...

You cared enough to post. Obviously, not as many people follow the women's game as the men's, but "Nobody cares" is a bit much. I personally prefer watching the women.

Actually nvm, I will post it, but not for women's disc golf. I post it for you whining about it.

200_s.gif

I care about this thread! My 5-year old daughter and I drove 3.5 hours each way to Sabattus to spot and cheer for our favorite players. I promise you we will watch every one of the videos Terry made multiple times. The tournament was awesome! The course is fantastic and the caliber of play was astounding. Watching Sarah stave off Paige and Madison and Cat and others was super exciting! Great weather, great people. There were even competitors in their 70s! The biggest drawback was not getting to see Val... and I wish volunteers had gotten some free tourney schwag.

Thanks for volunteering, Gabe.

Just got done watching these videos. Thanks to Terry for getting up there and covering a fun tournament. Good coverage and I expect I will be rewatching this one eventually. Only thing I'd ask is give me a five second look at a hole map before each hole, many times I would have no idea if I just saw four good tee shots or four bad ones because I didn't know where they were aiming. I really liked how Terry took a minute at the end of one of the videos to explain a rule after Paige missed a putt that rolled down a hill 100 feet and took a stroke and putted again from the previous spot.

Congrats to Sarah, she's so steady and confident. First time I've seen Madison "Giggles" Walker play, she has a fantastic attitude and it's nice to see her get some attention and success out of Paige's shadow. She has some legit game, hope to see her continue to do well. Paige still seems just a bit off as she has all year. Hopefully it's just the transition to new plastic and by next season she'll be kicking ass again.

First time I'd seen that course. It reminded me of my favorite course, Lincoln Ridge in Northern Kentucky. Short holes, technical but clearly defined lines to go after.

One thing I noticed watching the ladies play, a lot of them have a tendency to throw shots too high. Putts, upshots and drives. It is a little frustrating to watch, shots where they hit their line and everything looks great except they've thrown it 30 feet too high and it stalls and hyzers way left of the target where if they'd just thrown it lower it would be parked. Saw this over and over and over.

If you didn't watch the videos aside from missing good disc golf you missed Madison Walker being interviewed while receiving a piggyback ride from Paige Pierce. Also, Sarah Hokom, if you're out there, that yellow top black pants outfit was really working for you.

I was surprised to see Madison throwing a backhand so frequently, and particularly on holes that seemed to be sidearm friendly. As a matter of fact, it seemed all the gals (except for "stubborn" Sarah) were throwing more sidearms than usual!

Latest posts