• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC Updates

Please elaborate, because if this was also broadcast on DGN I'm feeling a bit..well...I'll wait for your reply.

Chris was amazing, congrats to him! But what the hell has the PDGA done that a guy who plays in a tough 4 day event and takes home the w in a potentially life altering MAJOR, can't even raise his arms with excitement when he won? I was so looking forward to the emotional release, the huge smiles, maybe a nice fist bump to the camera for the fans, etc, etc. What did we get? A mild deep breath and a walk off. Turned it off at the point, bring on the next event. :(

He's a serious guy. Didn't even hug his wife until scores were turned in. Went to the scoring office, checked his score, double-checked his score, triple-checked his score, went outside and hugged his wife for a full minute, went to the broadcast booth.

Please elaborate, because if this was also broadcast on DGN I'm feeling a bit..well...I'll wait for your reply.

Chris was amazing, congrats to him! But what the hell has the PDGA done that a guy who plays in a tough 4 day event and takes home the w in a potentially life altering MAJOR, can't even raise his arms with excitement when he won? I was so looking forward to the emotional release, the huge smiles, maybe a nice fist bump to the camera for the fans, etc, etc. What did we get? A mild deep breath and a walk off. Turned it off at the point, bring on the next event. :(

What JV wrote, it bugged out after a couple of minutes. What made it interesting was that they started up before DGU did.

I assume he watched our Wrap up show. Everyday we came in on hole 17 or so and had interviews and checked in on the golf. We showed their broadcast for a bit. He probably caught the end of the broadcast on there.

And a darned fine wrap show it was. I don't know how many eyes you guys got, but I hope it paid. I for one really enjoyed it.

This is where interviews of guys coming off the course occurred.

Conrad won with -19 last year. Barela shot a -13, McBeth and Eagle -12 in round 1. If conditions stay good I am expecting at least -30 to take it. There is some rain forecast on Saturday/ You never know though.

Looks like we both hit the nail on the head.

That rollaway on 17 from Calvin was heartbreaking... If it went in, that would have been a 3 strokes difference. Crazy.

That rollaway on 17 from Calvin was heartbreaking... If it went in, that would have been a 3 strokes difference. Crazy.

Or if he just lay up that putt on 17. . .and the one on 14, the one on 14 was VERY risky to go for. . feel like he had more to loose than to win at that point

Anybody know the situation surrounding Dustin Keegans boot from the property after his final round? Some closed lip chatter about it on facebook.

Also, that was one of the best sporting events I've seen go down in a long time. Cdick's bad round, the weather, the charge from the other competitors, the heartbreak, it literally had everything.

Fantastic event, and I love the companion shows. Good job

I didn't even notice he was playing? Every now and then skimmed UDisc Live to look through all the scores but didn't recall seeing his name...but at the same time wasn't looking for it.

Tied for 30th...could maybe see if he finished near DFL and had a massive meltdown or something and went on a tirade.

I want to recall various posts here and there throwing some hate his way, but no idea what would've brought it on. I can't say he's anybody I pay any attention to.

Anybody know the situation surrounding Dustin Keegans boot from the property after his final round? Some closed lip chatter about it on facebook.
He was spectating and got the boot because they were over Covid limits, or that's the story.

Even more mindblowing is that even if you take away those 40 OB for Simon he would still only be tied for 8th with Eagle
Remember that many of those OBs were effectively 2 strokes which does not show up in UDisc stats, i.e., the "distance" part of Stroke and Distance. So, you have to delete more than 40 strokes to know what his score would have been without any OB.

Bit of a blow up about CDick on facebook in Dixon Jowers On The Box Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/260759647708646

The debate being CDick's wife being a media photog but at the same time could she possibly be giving CDick emotional support (just by being there) other players were not allowed to have due to Covid restrictions. I thought this flip flip by Clemons right after McCray's post was a tad funny.

Chris Clemons - "Every player has the same possibility of having a significant other or family member being there if said person has a media pass. You can postulate all you want but this isn't a serious discussion and it shouldn't be."

JohnE McCray - "Chris Clemons I would have loved to have Jennifer with me, she calms me and keeps me positive. She is officially going to be Latitude 64 media, covering me from now on."

Chris Clemons - "I've had more time to think about it and I think that you guys may be onto something. I haven't had a chance to see her on the course and if she's working or not. Hopefully this doesn't continue to be an issue in the future."

So you can get a media pass but only follow ONE player. .and you don´t really have to make any media content?

I understand that Jennifer is a big help to JohnE, so smart move to just make her a media pass and just follow JohnE

I haven't been paying real close attention, but are they not allowing pros to bring their own caddies is these more restricted times? That seems like a good way to have a spouse with the player and not have to be a "media" person.

I would imagine the situation is going to vary at each event, since they'll have different attendance caps due to local restrictions.

But yeah, to keep numbers under the cap caddies weren't allowed. Same reason most of the actual OB was gone and replaced with hazard, to minimize the number of volunteers on the course and comply with the cap.

Zero idea if his wife typically does any kind of photography normally while he plays, or if it was a workaround. You'd have to expect that "media" counts towards the attendance cap also, so not like every player on the course will be able to bring their own personal photographer...who also happens to be carrying a disc bag and be giving support.

I get the argument...it could be seen as an advantage, especially during that final round when I'm sure everybody was miserable. I'm just not sure how many events something like that will apply to going forward? Didn't DGPT initially say no caddies when they fired back up, but more recent events had them if the player chose to utilize one?