• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Utility Disc Recommendations

So I have a bit of a dilemma, and I wanted to get some expert thoughts about this. In general, I bag a DX Whippet and a Z Flick for utility purposes. The whippet is my backhand hyzer disc when I am faced with an extreme turn, and the Flick is my tomahawk and get out of jail disc.

The problem I am having is, my Whippet gets banged up and because of the DX plastic, seems to be losing some fade. Should I replace it (over and over again), or should I pull it out of my bag, and put something else in. I was thinking firebird, but I was worried that would be a bit too fast for that fast midrange/slow fairway I am looking for. I bag a Hornet right now as my OS mid, but it doesn't have near the fade of the Whippet.

Any advice?

I used to throw whippets but now throw Tridents

I tried out the Star Whippet but I prefer the Star Viper. The Viper feels more like a midrange whereas the the Whippet feels like a fairway. The Star Whippet is crazy domey. Check the Factory Second part of the store. They had X-out Star Whippets there not to long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk