• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Disc collecting

Innova had recent sales with a bunch of new F2 discs, once for $4, then once for $5.
Yep, with a summer sale is how I got old OOP Star Archon backups in weights I use around upper 160's though these were at standard for F2 Star discs Maybe a little under by $2--$3 for F2 Star. I then at same time got some 148 gram and 143 gram Valkyrie F2 backups for my Dragons becuse the Dragon in production was no longer floating as some discs came in at 157--160 gram weights, not in weights of common 147/148--155 grams that float. I also use Valkyrie so a light cheap disc for water and wide open hole tailwind bombers is fine as backups, also more people are likely to use a Valkyrie then a Dragon if I lose the disc and is found so disc does not end up in trash.

This is like collector cars. Just because you've been driving a Old's 88 for 20+ years, doesn't mean the rest of the world should continue to support it without a price increase.

I get liking destroyers. Lots of people throw lots of things like destroyers and make the transition just fine.

Sounds like, less about collecting and more about resistance to change.
I use Champion Destroyers for bigger headwind/sidewind throws but can throw mold okay just not far. I have moved to Star Archon for my long driver a few years before mold was fully discontinued this year, with a cheaper F2 Archon in Champion for head/side wind throws I need to stay on a Valkyrie/Archon line.

This is like collector cars. Just because you've been driving a Old's 88 for 20+ years, doesn't mean the rest of the world should continue to support it without a price increase.

I get liking destroyers. Lots of people throw lots of things like destroyers and make the transition just fine.

Sounds like, less about collecting and more about resistance to change.
And Some use modern Destroyers off the shelf/store just fine, like me as long as I can find low/mid dome to flat middle part and lower parting line in Champion. I know Champion Destroyers are beefy/lack glide but they are my wind max distance driver and spike/OS thumber or sky roller disc and the two I have in Champion a 167 gram and 170 gram are not as beefy if you look for this specific dome/parting line. I also did by accident a hot car for 40--45 minutes but this was going to be done anyhow as discs were stiff with the 170 gram possibly being too stiff for legal PDGA play with the rim and bend test.