• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Valkyrie....whats next?

Zeblek

I can throw great shots with my valkyrie they keep straight and eventually turnover. Ive always had a Nuke and a Champion Boss in my bag but still cannot throw those discs. What is a good disc that's just a step up from my Valkyrie?

I would suggest a SurgeSS, maybe a GStar Krait if you want slightly more. I have a Z SurgeSS and a FLX SurgeSS bagged. Love em both. They replaced my Valks fwiw.

Depending on brand preference I would think a Wraith, Surge and maybe a Beast...although a Beast might be too similar to your Valk.

If you want to look outside Innova, I suggest a MVP Tesla. It is faster than the Valk, and will give you that little extra stability you might be looking for.

Beast is going to be similar to the valk. I would recommend trying a Wraith, and if it's too much disc for you (as it is for me) then try an Orion LS.

I currently throw my Valkyrie at 166g. So I should probably be throwing the Wraith, Surge, and the other discs listed at about that weight?

I currently throw my Valkyrie at 166g. So I should probably be throwing the Wraith, Surge, and the other discs listed at about that weight?

Thats fine if thats what you're comfortable with but don't get too hung up on weight. I would look for something in the 165-170 range.

No love for the archon?

In terms of moving to faster disc that can handle more speed while preserving a similar flight path, the Beast and Archon would be the next steps up the Innova ladder. When thrown a little faster than a Valk, they'll go a bit farther on a similar line. Realistically, a Beast may be so similar that it doesn't really fill a different slot in your bag, but an Archon should get you further out there.

A Wraith will be both faster and significantly (albeit not majorly) more OS. Not saying you won't find a Wraith useful, but you'll have to throw it considerably faster than Valk to achieve the same flight. If you're just getting a Valk to turn a little, a Wraith proabably won't turn at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts