• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Versatile Fairway Pairings

SP Pipelines for sure...definite TL territory. However, I would opt for the Banzai myself in place for the entire stable/OS slot. Isn't there a relationship between the Banzai and the Pred/Tsunami as far as the mold goes?

at my power level, there's definitely a noticeable difference. has like -0.25 HSS and fade is later and not has hard. that's just the small sample of PL banzai that I've thrown though. It's been too long since I've thrown a tsunami, but I believe the banzai is a smaller rim

I love the saint and saint pro combo. I can't imagine my game without those 2 discs!

Bump - Think I saw someone else mention this but I pair dx eagles in various levels of beat with a champ eagle x. All 165ish. My favorite shot in disc golf is throwing a sidearm hyzer flip with a beat dx eagle. They just glide for days and very predictable fade so it's easy to hit all sorts of lines with them.
I recently added some MOLF's and man they are beefy. Currently looking for something a bit less stable in the control driver slot while I work in the MOLF.

Opto Tridents and 400 F3

These have been my only fairways for years. My F3s are pretty flippy for straight to turnover and my tridents are perfect for straight to fading shots

The Z Stalker Z and Z XL was a good paring until the Z XL went oop. XL is the higher wind/more fade needed for flight disc. The Stalker is OS enough but for more general use.

Did anyone else dig the Reaper? I had an X and a Z and once the X beat in, it was essentially an Eagle L, and the Z was in between an Eagle and a Firebird. Really nice pairing that no longer exists.

FD & FD2 for me.

I carry a P-Line FD and a Night Strike 2, with a C-Line FD2 to round it out. Killer 3 disc fairway combo!

It depends on which bag I'm running. The two main pairings for me are:

Drift or Servo (these 2 are auditioning for this slot) and Volt
-or-
Leopard and Eagle X

there is enough stability variation in these molds to cover anything I need. The common theme is a slower, neutral to understable disc and a faster moderately overstable disc. Stages of wear, plastic, PLH, etc help fill out the roster for a full arsenal.

My current combo is the heat, volt, and PD. Most of these are too fast for conventional fairways but how workable at slower speeds keep them in my bag. Heat and volt take care of a lot of woods fairway shots

I've been bagging a couple rivals and a couple patriots for a while and they work well for me. I threw FD's for a long time but it's frustrating to try to find them in lighter weights and reasonable prices so I gave up on them.

It depends on which bag I'm running. The two main pairings for me are:

Drift or Servo (these 2 are auditioning for this slot) and Volt
-or-
Leopard and Eagle X

there is enough stability variation in these molds to cover anything I need. The common theme is a slower, neutral to understable disc and a faster moderately overstable disc. Stages of wear, plastic, PLH, etc help fill out the roster for a full arsenal.

I came to the same conclusion in having a neutral to understable slower disc and moderately overstable faster disc after using a stable to overstable slower disc in the Eagle X and neutral to understable faster disc in the Orion LS. I found the understable slower disc and faster moderately OS disc to be a better pairing.

I found the OLS either too finicky at times or fading out too early at other times. I don't have to worry too much about the guess work with the Thunderbird. I also noticed that I can use the Drift for beat EX lines while not having to wait for the EX to season. Also, the Thunderbird can do the stable/os portion of the EX with more distance potential.

With that said, I love the EX but I don't think I'll go back. If I ever drop the Thunderbird, I'll probably end up using something like the Vulture.

Latest posts