• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Versatile Midrange Pairings

There are tons of great midrange combos. Expanding on the OP's theme of overstable-stable and stable-understable you can pretty much mix and match any of these (and more) and have a solid mid line-up:

Overstable-stable:----------------Stable-Understable:
Roc (Rancho)-----------------------------Comet
Buzzz------------------------------------Meteor
C/S-MD2---------------------------------Mako
Shark------------------------------------Fuse
Wasp------------------------------------Aurora MS
Vector-----------------------------------Axis
Sentinel MF------------------------------Cobra
Pain-------------------------------------Buzzz SS
Core-------------------------------------Stingray
Warrior-----------------------------------Element
Hornet-----------------------------------Impact
Cro--------------------------------------Panther
Spider-----------------------------------Skeeter
Gremlin-----------------------------------Roc (Ontario)
MD1-------------------------------------Scout
Aftershock-------------------------------Coyote
Shockwave-------------------------------Glide

I have the axis vector with a drone and beat x buzz in the bag as well for more overstable and more understable

Comet/Champ Roc. I am considering adding a true turnover mid (Fuse?) though. The Comet is great at holding an anhyzer, but it can be pretty tough to turn over if you are throwing with clean form. I'm trying to beat my Comets in, but any stability I lose there is offset by improved form. The end result is that my Comets are actually flying more stable/overstable than when I first started throwing them. Not the worst problem in the world...

There are tons of great midrange combos. Expanding on the OP's theme of overstable-stable and stable-understable you can pretty much mix and match any of these (and more) and have a solid mid line-up:

Overstable-stable:----------------Stable-Understable:
Roc (Rancho)-----------------------------Comet
Buzzz------------------------------------Meteor
C/S-MD2---------------------------------Mako
Shark------------------------------------Fuse
Wasp------------------------------------Aurora MS
Vector-----------------------------------Axis
Sentinel MF------------------------------Cobra
Pain-------------------------------------Buzzz SS
Core-------------------------------------Stingray
Warrior-----------------------------------Element
Hornet-----------------------------------Impact
Cro--------------------------------------Panther
Spider-----------------------------------Skeeter
Gremlin-----------------------------------Roc (Ontario)
MD1-------------------------------------Scout
Aftershock-------------------------------Coyote
Shockwave-------------------------------Glide

Nice list. I have not tried a Shark for many, many years and you just put it next to my beloved Fuses which right now I have paired with Rocs bu tthe feel is so different. Already have an X Comet to try with the Roc, Shark or maybe even a GM might still be worth a shot yet with the Fuse.

Nice list. I have not tried a Shark for many, many years and you just put it next to my beloved Fuses which right now I have paired with Rocs bu tthe feel is so different. Already have an X Comet to try with the Roc, Shark or maybe even a GM might still be worth a shot yet with the Fuse.

Sharks do feel kind of like Fuse's on the bottom of the wing.

Comet/Champ Roc. I am considering adding a true turnover mid (Fuse?) though. The Comet is great at holding an anhyzer, but it can be pretty tough to turn over if you are throwing with clean form. I'm trying to beat my Comets in, but any stability I lose there is offset by improved form. The end result is that my Comets are actually flying more stable/overstable than when I first started throwing them. Not the worst problem in the world...

D and X Comets will beat up to get high speed turn fairly easily, you could try some of those.

Nice list. I have not tried a Shark for many, many years and you just put it next to my beloved Fuses which right now I have paired with Rocs but the feel is so different. Already have an X Comet to try with the Roc, Shark or maybe even a GM might still be worth a shot yet with the Fuse.

Thanks, I kind of put like with like but really the dashes are just there to preserve spaces since vbulletin removes white space, so I'm not specifically saying the mids connected by dashes are great together.

The Shark is an interesting mold though, it's like Innova's poor man's version of the Buzzz. Since the Qms has a Shark top and Stingray bottom, I've always wondered how a Shark/Qms/Stingray trio would do.

Hornet / KC Roc / Buzzz / Stingray, I know there is a little overlap, but sometimes it comes down to what feels right in the hand. 2 aces (Roc & Buzzz) & many metals with these.

Roc/Comet is a pretty stout combo. I don't throw them anymore but I still respect them as versatile combination.

Hornet/Buzzz/Comet is also very venerable but when I rocked that one the Hornet rarely came out and the Buzzz got used the most. the Comet still got a lot of use but not as much as before.

right now I'm trying Hornet/Core/Fuse. the Fuse isn't cooperating but I'm dealing with it. The Core is really tickling my pickle. The Hornet has really only ever been used for FH.

I guess I throw putters too much nowadays.

Latest posts