• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Very concave buzzz what can I expect?

steveo69

Eagle Member
Picked up a pro d buzzz in a trade I have never thrown a pro d buzzz. But I have thrown every other plastic they make them in. This pro d I have just got is so concave I can almost eat my Wheaties out of it. How is this going to affect the flight compared to other buzzz's flat and domey?

I would think it would be more stable and have less glide in comparison to a normal pro d Buzz.....It will also have more speed.

Last edited:
great roller disc. I picked one of these up recently, it started out perfectly straight and has turned in to a nice hyzer-flip turnover mid. I keep it in for rollers and grenades, it does have less glide

the D's go through many evolutions in life. they start out perfectly stable and nice and straight with dependable fade. then after a couple good thwacks to some trees they turn into a comet basically. After getting beat to S**t they will start to hyzer flip pretty hard and they loose alot of thier glide.

The D Buzzzes have been coming out pancake flat and apparently beyond flat, mine is slightly sunken in too. I don't have a camera to compare; but if you happen to have another Buzzz set them down side by side on a table, hunker down and check out the difference in the rim. It's almost like a different mold entirely, or perhaps due to the cooling of the baseline plastic.

Before the first tree they fly most like a shorter, worn, flat Z Buzzz. After that it's anyone's guess. They will flip and turn nicely but never as consistently as a nicely worn in X Buzzz simply due to the durability of the plastic. D plastic has the durability of a piece of Bazooka Joe bubble gum, so expect to see big dents and dings if you hit anything.

I'm a Buzzz guy too, going on 6 years, and my reccommendation for you is to stick with the other plastics (you know how good they are) and hang that sucker up on a wall to display your Buzzz love.

The D Buzzzes have been coming out pancake flat and apparently beyond flat, mine is slightly sunken in too. I don't have a camera to compare; but if you happen to have another Buzzz set them down side by side on a table, hunker down and check out the difference in the rim. It's almost like a different mold entirely, or perhaps due to the cooling of the baseline plastic.

Before the first tree they fly most like a shorter, worn, flat Z Buzzz. After that it's anyone's guess. They will flip and turn nicely but never as consistently as a nicely worn in X Buzzz simply due to the durability of the plastic. D plastic has the durability of a piece of Bazooka Joe bubble gum, so expect to see big dents and dings if you hit anything.

I'm a Buzzz guy too, going on 6 years, and my reccommendation for you is to stick with the other plastics (you know how good they are) and hang that sucker up on a wall to display your Buzzz love.

Thanks for the info. It is very different than my other buzzz's. If It didn't already have a few dings in it I would hang it. Yes I love the buzzz not including the d I carry 5 in the bag at all times (1 golw Z, 1 cryztal Z, 1 X, and 2 Z SS's). They are my go to for anything 250-310. :thmbup:

Ive thrown a couple Elite Z's and Cryztal buzzzes that have a sunken in flight plane...all of them were noticably less stable than a flat or domey version.

Not necessarily a bad thing, could make a good compliment to your stable buzzzes

Ive thrown a couple Elite Z's and Cryztal buzzzes that have a sunken in flight plane...all of them were noticably less stable than a flat or domey version.

I have a 176g Cryztal Buzzz that used to be pretty concave too. As above, it was quite a bit less stable than a normal Z - thrown flat RHBH, it was a definite left to right mover but with little glide.

It served a purpose as an understable mid, but the the weird thing is that the flight plate slowly started coming back up to flat and it gradually assumed a more traditional flight (and in turn has lost a lot of it's use as a freak utility disc). It's now out of the bag, because it's pretty much just a regular old Buzzz now, and I already carry one.

Latest posts