• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Veterans Park Open in Arlington, TX

cc0049

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Just wanted to get word out to those that don't already know. If you are in the area of Arlington, TX this weekend (Oct31 and Nov 1) there are going to be a lot of good players showing up for this A-tier at Veterans. Nikko Locastro (winner of this year's USDGC), Avery Jenkins (winner of this year's Worlds), Eric McCabe, JD Ramirez, Jay Redding, Miles Seaborn, Paul Ulibarri and Bradley Williams are some of the bigger names that will be playing. There are 9 1000+ rated players registered already. Come out and watch if you can!
Registered Players

dang Cooper, no love for Donald "the giggler" or Nolan Grider "the Texas Tornado". John MyHero. You got to give props to more of our local guys.

I got to play with Avery at Lake Park on Tuesday... and had dinner with your dad last thursday.

I got love for those big guns too for sure, but I was just listing the biggest of the big guns. I'm glad to see so many coming in from out of state. JD and Miles are local and I'm sure they'll be in strong contention to win this thing. I'm anxious to see who make the lead card for Sunday's final round.

That's so cool that you got to play with Avery. I wish I had been there. I haven't seen my pops lately. I think he is still not getting my texts...needs to fix whatever is wrong with his phone.

I watched the lead card during the 2nd round of the Oklahoma Open last weekend. Avery, Eric, and Cale Leviska were great guys to watch. Eric and Cale were really personable and joking around. Avery was very much in the zone and shot extremely well at Dovillio in Tulsa.

yeah props to Nolan, hope he has a good showing...stand up guy

i hope to come out on sunday afternoon and watch, i have to work both days

Cooper, do you know what times everything happens this weekend? My weekend is pretty busy but I would like to come out for a little bit if I can, and don't want to show up when nobody is playing :)

Friday

Bring your own partner doubles with flex starts from 2:00-6:00 pm. Keep in mind sunset will be at 6:37 and this is Halloween, so plan accordingly. Last minute in-person registration will be available if spots are still open.

Saturday

Players meeting at 8:30 SHARP. You must check in at the main pavilion no later than 8:15 am to ensure your spot, as there may be a waiting list for this event.
Round 1 tees off at 9:00 am. Round 1 will be 18 holes from the concrete tees with the baskets in a mix of short and long.
Round 2 tees off 1 hour after the last Round 1 card is turned in. This round will be 18 holes from the concrete tees with baskets in long positions. Expect this round to start around 1:30-2:00 pm.

Sunday

The Final Round on Sunday will be 24 holes and will tee off promptly at 9:00 am. No players meeting on Sunday. Check in at tournament HQ to find your starting hole and be there when the horn sounds. This round will be a mix of a few concrete tees and a lot of Championship tees. There will be a twist on almost every hole.

After the Sunday round is over, we will tap the keg and set up for Ace in the Oaks, which is 20-30 holes of Ace Golf.

Coda Hatfield is signed up now too. There are 10 1000+ rated players signed up now. This will be my first A-tier to watch. Can't wait!

Went out and watched todays round from the champion tees and saw some Awesome golf! Avery won in a playoff against Nolan Grider.

I watched yesterday's round as well. Super awesome to see such great players. Nikko was having a tough day and it was showing. Avery seemed to keep his cool the whole day and came out on top. Completely amazes me how far and accurate those guys can through.

I watched yesterday's round as well. Super awesome to see such great players. Nikko was having a tough day and it was showing. Avery seemed to keep his cool the whole day and came out on top. Completely amazes me how far and accurate those guys can through.

Watching those guys bomb from the mountain on champion 8 was sweet...especially Avery and Nolan in the playoff. They both crushed them right down the middle and way up there.

Too much fun! There was a pretty good group of spectators on the top three cards. Nolan was canning all the big putts until the last one....Mccabe was not hitting all of the putts he wanted to but I was impressed because he had the longest drive on every hole (playing with Josh Crowl, Nolan and Coda)

Nolan's caddie was saying that on champ 8 Nolan was talking to his disc after Avery threw. "ok, if you only go half that distance it would be great" Then proceeded to put it a little farther than Avery. LOL. I miss when we had Nolan on our side of town for a little while.

Nolan's caddie was saying that on champ 8 Nolan was talking to his disc after Avery threw. "ok, if you only go half that distance it would be great" Then proceeded to put it a little farther than Avery. LOL. I miss when we had Nolan on our side of town for a little while.

That's true. He said that and then crushed one just a little farther than Avery's.

He gave his disc a little kiss after he said it too!!! Ha. Everyone around who heard gave a little laugh or chuckle. They put on a great show for the crowd during the playoff.

Oh snap crackle pop... I can't believe I missed this tournament!