• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first day at the office, back in 2009, they implanted a small computer chip on my brain. They said it was just to help me recall important dates and such, but I have a feeling they may turn it on someday (it clearly is not working with the important dates!) and that day, I will begin saying vee-brum.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

He's tired I guess. My Trak is just as they advertise. Holds an anny all the way, but won't flip from a hyzer. Throw it flat and it will remind you of a Z Stalker. Solid disc. Not sure why I didn't like it more when Steven showed it off at PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga. Once the Ibex hits the market, I could conceive a bag of straight Vibram discs.

Ascent = Teebird/TL + grip
Trak = Stalker + grip
Ibex = beat Roc + durability + grip
Ridge = Voodoo + durability + grip.

I guess the only thing missing is the long-range bomber disc. Eh, Steven? :)

He's tired I guess. My Trak is just as they advertise. Holds an anny all the way, but won't flip from a hyzer. Throw it flat and it will remind you of a Z Stalker. Solid disc. Not sure why I didn't like it more when Steven showed it off at PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell, Ga. Once the Ibex hits the market, I could conceive a bag of straight Vibram discs.

Ascent = Teebird/TL + grip
Trak = Stalker + grip
Ibex = beat Roc + durability + grip
Ridge = Voodoo + durability + grip.

I guess the only thing missing is the long-range bomber disc. Eh, Steven? :)

I agree entirely on the Trak. It took me a few rounds to realize that it would do anything that I asked of it and it has become my go to driver.

The Ibex sounds really appealing for minimalist bags and wooded courses.

Jeromino how's the sole working out? Sounds great for driving but what about putting?

Its a great putter, similar stability to the Ridge without the drop. Its a really nice putter. I know a handful of guys on the team are putting with them already.

Jeromino how's the sole working out? Sounds great for driving but what about putting?

Can't complain...

Most interesting thing that happened to me when I threw them recently was pushing the Ibex out to 380' as an after thought having already thrown like 4 fairway drivers for ****s and giggles. Ibex reached the pin and I was like, "damn."

So when I reached my Core/Buzzz/Long mid range hole I had the similar thought of "well, if the Ibex could get out there maybe the Sole can..." Sure enough, PARKED. This was the hole/shot that made me rethink my criticism of the Soles stability. It absolutely WILL NOT flip for me but the fade is really slow. It's definitely there and you'll notice it. But it's really, really slow.

Oh wait, you asked about putting. It actually feels very good in the hand. I really can't say much about putts because I'm a firm believer in push putting with minimal spin so any putter acts like a brick within 30'. On long puts spin putts and shorter upshots, THATS where the stability really takes away for me. I would make that same complaint with ANY over stable putter though, so it's not really the Soles fault.

Now that I think about it, I was putting with my 2 Soles, 2 Ridges, 1 VP, and 1 Summit in my back yard the other night (two baskets about 25-30' apart) and I definitely did notice myself hitting high on the baskets when I threw the Soles. That 'Vibram Drop' that the VP/Ridge/Summit exhibit... The Sole does not have it.

Oh wait, you asked about putting. It actually feels very good in the hand. I really can't say much about putts because I'm a firm believer in push putting with minimal spin so any putter acts like a brick within 30'. On long puts spin putts and shorter upshots, THATS where the stability really takes away for me. I would make that same complaint with ANY over stable putter though, so it's not really the Soles fault.

Now that I think about it, I was putting with my 2 Soles, 2 Ridges, 1 VP, and 1 Summit in my back yard the other night (two baskets about 25-30' apart) and I definitely did notice myself hitting high on the baskets when I threw the Soles. That 'Vibram Drop' that the VP/Ridge/Summit exhibit... The Sole does not have it.

Excellent. Sounds like what I'm looking for. My wizards tend to drop too fast at that distance as well. I've got some ridges coming to try until I can get a sole. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.