• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres my awesome package:D
Winchendon-20110914-00051.jpg

I am definitely not a pro and am not a PDGA member so I have no rating. A lot of us have been testers since very early on. I became a tester after the VP. Try buying like 300+ vibram putters like I have and maybe that will help:) I once owned 65 VPs. All joking aside, find some way to convince Sir Dodge you have something to add as a tester? Or try a 20 year aged bottle of scotch delivered by a sports illustrated swimsuit model:)!

All joking aside, find some way to convince Sir Dodge you have something to add as a tester?
That gives me an idea...

Sir Dodge! I daresay your fine company's presence is a tad LACKING over here! I have a gig writing disc reviews for a major Finnish online disc retailer (to my knowledge there are only two online retailers that carry Vibram, and I'm with the better one), and could help you with this situation. =)

What do you say? I have a hankering for some sweet, sweet rubber...

Here is 1 of 4 Ibex's that arrived yesterday. Not crazy on the color, but boy is this one of the grippiest Vibram's I have seen yet. Thanks again Steve. There will be a lot of people giving these a throw in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• P1040978.jpg
    P1040978.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 44
all 4 are mediums. I felt the extra-firms at the Vibram Open and they felt really nice. But I am liking the grip on this disc. Seems to be the nicest feeling X-link disc I have seen yet. Wish the summit felt like this in X-link.

all 4 are mediums. I felt the extra-firms at the Vibram Open and they felt really nice. But I am liking the grip on this disc. Seems to be the nicest feeling X-link disc I have seen yet. Wish the summit felt like this in X-link.

yea mine are super grippy, i have a few ridges like it but threw greg winthrobs firm and loved it

let me just say the Ibex is freaking awesome! it is like a longer ridge for me, holds any line and has a good amount of glide. needless to say it has found a spot in my bag. the sole im still working on

With the Ibex and the Axis from MVP both coming out, it looks like I need to reevaluate the mid-ranges in my bag. I am curious to see if either (or both) make the bag and what they will replace. So much for not buying any more discs...

Lovin the Ibex! I'll be excited to get my hands on the firm version.

Some of these recently run firm Ridges I just got feel phenomenal. Quite firm, very nice. They are the stone color (like the protos), but they have little color flecks all over.

Just got back from my first tester outing with the Ibex and Sole. My go to mid range is a Discraft Nebula (08 Ace Race disc), and occasionally the glitter star classic roc. The Ibex feels similar in my hand to the nebula (plus added grip), and flies a similar distance. The only difference is it flies on a tighter hyzer line with less LSS. Which works out perfect for me, holds the line the whole way. I would have to throw the nebula a bit wider to get the same results. After one round it earns an immediate place in my bag. Probably permanent.

The sole for me has a very similar stability to the ridge, but it has much more loft. It takes less effort on longer putts. My testers are both 174g, yet somehow feel lighter than my 172 ridge. I like it for putting, not sure about approaches. It will be difficult to give up my ridge for that. Only problem is I already carry five putters, and now I'll have to add at least one more.

I have just started getting into Vibram discs but already love them. I have a Firm Ridge, Regular Summit, and a Regular Trak. Most likely will end up picking up the Ascent and a VP in a week or two. I love the grip of the discs and the controlled flights are epic. First time I threw the Trak it just zipped out of my hand did a tight S-turn and landed about 420' without much effort at all. Very excited to see what the Ibex and Sole can do for my game. Vibram discs are starting to take over my bag and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.