• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY!!!
When are we going to get some more Vibram mini markers out in the world for sale???
I cannot imagine it's that hard to run a production batch of em.
Or, are mini markers not a cost effective item for them?

Just curious why there was no Vibram love at the Beaver State Fling. I was really hoping to see Vibram discs for sale at the event since Vibram is a major sponsor of the tour. Was hoping to maybe see an Obex demo and just some Vibram goodness in general :confused:

I'm not sure about the reason for this. Every time I've reached out to, I've gotten little to no response. Hopefully we will be able to be more involved in the future.

I've helped spark Vibram fever in the Mitten! I'm anxiously awaiting their distance driver that is to be out this summer/fall via Discgolfer magazine.

I will be giving one away at the 2012 PDGA Worlds Flymart on Tuesday night. It will be the first prototype driver that goes to someone not on Team Vibram. We've been working on these for three years and they are getting tasty reviews from the team.

In case anyone was wondering why you haven't seen the Obex approved for tournament play, Mr. Dodge pulled a few favors to get the PDGA to approve it on June 27th, right before it hits stores on the 28th.

While I appreciate the thought that I could pull a few favors, I simply asked them to do the testing when we paid for it and to wait to announce the approval. It has always irked me when a disc is PDGA Approved and then you are not able to buy it until months afterwards (manufacturer error here, not PDGA). I'd recommend everyone manufacturing a disc do this to avoid confusion in the market. We will do it with all of our discs going forward.

I hear Vibram makes it difficult for retailers to be approved to sell their discs. The local shop I do most of my shopping at used to keep them in stock, but apparently they changed their policy and sent him a pile of forms to fill out so he could continue to sell their discs. Since Vibram wasn't among his best sellers, and since he didn't think the demanded information was reasonable or worth the hassle to fill out, he just stopped selling them. It's a shame, because I've had Vibram discs in my bag ever since they came out with the Ridge, and would be looking to buy an Obex, and possibly replace my lost Trak and Ascent, but it's much more difficult now that my local store no longer carries Vibram discs.

Maybe the hurdles to being allowed to sell Vibram discs are part of the reason why the TD at that event didn't sell them.

Let me know the store. We only ask for two documents - one of which is a state reseller's certificate. Assuming they are a legit store, this should be easy. I would love to help make it easy for them to get the discs back in the store, especially with the Obex coming out.

My local guy got 2 small shipments in before they cut him off and told him no more batches at the wholesale price. That being said I don't know anything other than hearsay.

Is he a legit store? This sounds odd to me - as I'm the one who would have cut him off! :wall:

Let me know the store. We only ask for two documents - one of which is a state reseller's certificate. Assuming they are a legit store, this should be easy. I would love to help make it easy for them to get the discs back in the store, especially with the Obex coming out.

Um you can do the same with Us. Last orders I placed came in 2 or 3 different shipments ( one that had 2 discs? Thanks for the shipping charge! ) and were off from what we ordered. We tried to call a few times only to be told lack of stock or new paperwork to fill out.

Iron Lion.

HEY!!!
When are we going to get some more Vibram mini markers out in the world for sale???
I cannot imagine it's that hard to run a production batch of em.
Or, are mini markers not a cost effective item for them?

Minis will be available in mid-July.

While I appreciate the thought that I could pull a few favors, I simply asked them to do the testing when we paid for it and to wait to announce the approval. It has always irked me when a disc is PDGA Approved and then you are not able to buy it until months afterwards (manufacturer error here, not PDGA). I'd recommend everyone manufacturing a disc do this to avoid confusion in the market. We will do it with all of our discs going forward.

Nice I love the secretiveness :) on a much more serious note... DAMN YOU VABRAM AND YOUR AWESOME DISCS!!!

Keep up the good work cause I am loving every mold. I was resistant at first and thought it was just another gimick company, boy was I wrong. Ill be filling some more slots in my bag with Vibram soon Im sure.

Um you can do the same with Us. Last orders I placed came in 2 or 3 different shipments ( one that had 2 discs? Thanks for the shipping charge! ) and were off from what we ordered. We tried to call a few times only to be told lack of stock or new paperwork to fill out.

Iron Lion.

It is time for me to stop and listen. Thanks for all of the feedback.

1. Regarding the application process: I have condensed it from two pages to one and have made the entire application online. It should take less than five minutes and there is no longer a need for a fax machine.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/retailer-application.html

2. Regarding the multiple shipments, we implemented a ship and cancel backorders policy at the start of this year. As of 2012, any backorders that are shipped (because I over rule the policy or we make a mistake), we pay the shipping.

Please keep the feedback coming. I make errors, and I do my best to fix them.

It will be available at Pinnacle Retailers tomorrow!

Ugh. Speaking of making errors ... I have been having the Obexes shipping out to arrive at stores on Friday, thinking that was the 28th. This error was caused completely by me and many stores will be getting their Obexes on Friday. Also, the plant accidentally made a double order of Obex Firms and we did hot have any Obex Mediums to ship out, so the Obex Mediums won't be at stores until next week. My apologies to all those who were hoping to go buy one tomorrow and my thanks for having that thought. Please bear with us one more day.

Obexes are scheduled to arrive Friday at the following stores:

Aces and Chains
Disc Golf Center
Disc Golf World
Disc Nation
Phenix Disc Sports
Sun King Ent. Inc.
Gotta Go Gotta Throw
Disc Golf Station
Macamco LLC
Maple Hill
Glide Disc Golf
Augusta Golf Park
Everyday Disc Golf
Snowman Disc Golf
Pure Flight
Moondoggie Sports
Rock 30 Games
Stillwater Summit Company

I've got a lot of phone calls to make. My apologies. When I told the folks to ship, I told them to make sure everything arrived by Friday instead of Thursday. This was an error of my making. I over-promised and under-delivered. I will learn from this.

Vibram will be at Worlds, please stop by the Tuesday Flymart Booth and/or the Thursday CTP Challenge. You could win a prototype Vibram long range driver!

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-at-worlds.html

Tuesday, July 17th

PM: Vibram Victory, Banana, Refreshment Tent at (course TBD)
6:30-10:30: Vibram Flymart Booth - win a prototype driver or Obex!

Wednesday, July 18th

AM: Vibram Victory, Banana, Refreshment Tent at (course TBD)

Thursday, July 19th

AM: Vibram Victory, Banana, Refreshment Tent at (course TBD)
Vibram CTP Challenge 6pm to 8pm: Pizza and Vibram CTP challenge disc give away

Independence Park (300 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC 28204)
(parking is next to recreation center and adjacent school)
1 in 10 wins an Ibex or Obex!
40 winners, 50 pizzas, hundreds of your best friends

I figured this thread would be the quickest and least disruptive way to get the answers I am looking for from some vibram enthusiasts:

I am currently happy with my bag, but I am also a very plastic-curious thrower and Vibram has peaked my interest of late. The area of my bag that traditionally has changed the most would probably be my stable - under stable slots. This means I have been strongly considering a drive to GGGT to grab me a trak / ibex combination to see if they could win out over my Rivers / Fuses.

Just curious how they might stack up in relation to what I have listed above for a average of 380-400 ft of power thrower in terms of stability / glide / line shaping, etc. I've heard good things about the ibex and trak, but money is tight with tuition bills coming up and what not, so I just want some insight on what I would be buying and how people like these molds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.