• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in store on Wednesday and they had more than a dozen of each. I was debating getting an Ibex or a Ridge but I did not find a color combination that really jumped out at me. I "settled" for a Medium Trak and a few other things.

Hmm, that's just the thing... I absolutely love Vibram but with the courses I play, I really need bright discs. In this area we have four real seasons to contend with also, which further limits workable colors. I don't like not knowing what colors I'd be getting.

Hmm, that's just the thing... I absolutely love Vibram but with the courses I play, I really need bright discs. In this area we have four real seasons to contend with also, which further limits workable colors. I don't like not knowing what colors I'd be getting.

If you are willing to spend some time on the phone anyone there, especially Blake and John can talk you through the colors. Mondays are usually the worst days to try to call because they are catching up with weekend internet orders, and with this being Cyber Monday it might be worse, but they truly believe in providing top notch customer service. If you call, they will talk you about colors.

As for the colors I saw, most were single type colors. There were some nice blues that easily stand out. I was mainly looking for a really nice color combo like a white on blue or white on yellow. My regular Ibex is blue/ white and my Ridge is yellow with white. I really like those colors when they are striped together.

I really like the yellow of my black-eyed Trak, but as now I do not think they are going to do that color again because it is the same color as their logo.

If anyone else was waiting on the softs to show up on DiscGolfCenter like I was, I asked them about it and this was their reply:

"Due to limited availability, we have decided not to carry the X-Link Soft plastic. It will only be made once a year and the quantities I would need were not guaranteed to be produced."

I ended up getting my Soft Summit from GGGT.

Just got my stack of softs from GGGT (2 ridges, 1 sole, 1 trak, 1 ascent, 2 ibex). They feel nice and the color variety is pretty good on each disc except for the ibex (pretty much solid orange). I am looking forward to trying the ibex/trak/ascent in the soft.

They didn't feel quite as floppy as my older Ridge but I had just brought them in from outside where it was 30 degrees so it may not be a fair comparison. They could all easily be folded in half and then in half again so they are still pretty floppy.

Anyone got out and thrown the new softs? Thoughts?

I just got my ibex in and have thrown it about half dozen times in the yard and this thing is awesome! flies dead straight and holds any line, plus when it gets below freezing temps here i wont have to worry about the disc geting too slick like regular x-link.

This echoes what I have been hearing. At our team challenge one fellow told me he loves throwing the soft Trak and Ascent and can't believe how well they fly. Note: the drivers tend to exaggerate bad form so if you have bad form you should either stay away or pick one up as a training disc.

Yeah, I havent thrown the ascent in a while and the trak just recently went back into the bag. retooling my throw and breaking my leg shortly after has screwed things up

Just received my shipment of Xlink soft from GGGT. I am even happy with the colors. The Sole has a very sunken dome. Is that normal? I have a Ridge already and the new one does not appear to be any firmer, but we will see when I throw it. Now to get out and throw them all.

387279_2280300690320_1332875930_31999025_357391708_n.jpg

Just received my shipment of Xlink soft from GGGT. I am even happy with the colors. The Sole has a very sunken dome. Is that normal? I have a Ridge already and the new one does not appear to be any firmer, but we will see when I throw it. Now to get out and throw them all.

View attachment 19285

Yours look pretty similar in coloration to the batch that I got. I requested more unique colors when I ordered so mine ended up with a bit more variation in the color on each disc but not much.

With the softness of the material, sunken tops seem quite likely. Let us know how the fly for you!

Finally went ahead and ordered a Soft Summit from GGGT. Flying blind and I hope its not ugly brown and orange. /: Don't like putting with those but like them when I want to go for it on the approach. Hoping it lays down better than the regular by just flopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts