• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally went ahead and ordered a Soft Summit from GGGT. Flying blind and I hope its not ugly brown and orange. /: Don't like putting with those but like them when I want to go for it on the approach. Hoping it lays down better than the regular by just flopping.

I've had a soft in my bag for 2 seasons now for that exact reason. These are for sure less prone to roll away on fast(er)/sloped greens.

When Feldberg first saw my softy (Ridge), he was all hyped up about it saying how he had been asking Innova to make an Aviar/Putter that soft.

I've had a soft in my bag for 2 seasons now for that exact reason. These are for sure less prone to roll away on fast(er)/sloped greens.

When Feldberg first saw my softy (Ridge), he was all hyped up about it saying how he had been asking Innova to make an Aviar/Putter that soft.

That is good, cause I have gotten approaches down pretty good with the Summit, but its pretty disheartening to peg the pole only for the pole to stand it up and watch the disc roll into the creek and take a bogey in stead of a 3.

Believe it or not, had that happen 3 times in 2 rounds last Saturday. Kind of forced my hand a little.

I hope the soft Summit works for you. I was playing doubles last weekend and hit three 70-90 footers in a row with the Summit. Perhaps you should just aim a couple feet higher! :-D

Finally went ahead and ordered a Soft Summit from GGGT. Flying blind and I hope its not ugly brown and orange. /: Don't like putting with those but like them when I want to go for it on the approach. Hoping it lays down better than the regular by just flopping.

I've had the most ridiculous rollaways with my med Summit. Ones where you know it is going to lay down, but it just never does until it finds a creek. I had my first triple bogey at Timmons Park because I had two huge rollaways from basket hits on long uphill putts (aim higher, I know). So I got a soft Summit from GGGT as well and hope it helps. But even with the rollaway tendency, it is still by far my favorite putter.

Aren't there a ton of really fast greens at Timmons Park? I think you are going to have rollaways no matter what there. The soft should help, but it won't eliminate the rollaways. Still have to come in at a good angle/speed.
Good luck with the soft, report back with the soft results.

Aren't there a ton of really fast greens at Timmons Park? I think you are going to have rollaways no matter what there. The soft should help, but it won't eliminate the rollaways. Still have to come in at a good angle/speed.
Good luck with the soft, report back with the soft results.

I've been using Ridges and Summits as my main putters since April I think so I can't compare their rollaway tendency to other putters personally. I just seem to have more rollaways than anyone else. It may just be in my head, but they seem to be of the perfect flexibility to bounce up and start rolling from the most innocent landings. But it is that same flexibility that gives it the perfect feel. I'll report the results when I get the soft which will be after Christmas.

I don't like dissing the Summit because it is such an awesome putter, but I just want to share my experiences with it, because it seemed that others were having the same unusual rollaway issues.

Just got my soft trak! It's yellow in blue, not quite a swirl or marble, but more like the way water makes ripples in sand. It's gorgeous. Wish I had a camera.

The material is everything I ever imagined it would be. So flexi. Can't wait to go throw. Need to find a nice bright soft ibex to go with it.

This disc smells very very strong, wow! I was making dinner when it arrived, five minutes after opening the package I actually checked to see if I accidentally left a rubber pot holder in the oven. My whole apartment smells rubbery. I can't imagine what the vibram factory workers go through.

So origionally I picked up the Ibex as more of a long range putter. I threw it this past weekend in a fundraiser event and wow. Long and straight. Nearly hit an ace with it. I am thinking of adding more Vibram discs back to the bag based on this.

So origionally I picked up the Ibex as more of a long range putter. I threw it this past weekend in a fundraiser event and wow. Long and straight. Nearly hit an ace with it. I am thinking of adding more Vibram discs back to the bag based on this.

The Ibex is definitely a winner and really shines if you treat it closer to a fairway driver than a putter.

I must have gotten a freak, my Ibex is very stable. Flies more like a stable Buzzz or even a Hornet. It's 177 and a firm. Think I'm gonnna go a little lighter and wait for a medium when I buy the next one.

I must have gotten a freak, my Ibex is very stable. Flies more like a stable Buzzz or even a Hornet. It's 177 and a firm. Think I'm gonnna go a little lighter and wait for a medium when I buy the next one.

It's gotta be the weight. I have 2 FR Ascents... One is 174 and the other is 178. The 178 fades harder than a friggin whippet. The 174 flies how I would expect.

it is also the material depending on the mold. I had a firm and medium Ascent in the same weight and the firm Ascent had more turn than the medium. My two ridges (that were my main putters for a while) were the same weight but the Firm faded harder at the end of its flight. My soft VP had a lot of turn where my medium was what you would expect from a VP.

I don't use Vibram discs anymore though. Considering selling or secret santa-ing.

You have a Firm Ibex? Is it a Vibram Open one?

I didn't know that there were any out there other than Soft, Medium and the VO Super Firms.

My 178 M Ibex has some good stability to it.

You have a Firm Ibex? Is it a Vibram Open one?

I didn't know that there were any out there other than Soft, Medium and the VO Super Firms.

My 178 M Ibex has some good stability to it.

my 172, 173 and 177 all have great stability. my soft is a tad less stable but i can put more juice on it

Here is the freak. Got it from Discgolfcenter the day they were put up.
IMG_20111222_131702.jpg

IMG_20111222_131725.jpg

Also, If a Vibram disc does not have the flight numbers, does that mean it is a first run? I'm sure that's been asked here before but I'll ask it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts