• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how's that X-Link Fusion blend going? We're just about past Fall '11 at this point...

from what I remeber they wernet going to do drivers and mids in soft because they wouldnt maintian their shape in flight. if they changed their material a little bit to it isnt so floppy i guess they did a test run:confused:

I tested a soft Trak after the VO this year. Flew really nice. I want one for the winter golf.

I still have 4 red testers.

As for the Fusion...I think I am the person who really wanted that to happen? I kept asking for something in between the soft and normal. I don't know what happened with it? I would have loved to have tried it out.

Ordered some softs in all varieties from gggt. I am really looking forward to the ibex in a soft. They also have medium and firm trak's for 10.50 right now.

Steve;
I gotta chance to play a round with the Super Firm Ridge today.

I use my Ridge for most shots 100'-40', and have for a year now. It easy to put on many different lines.
I found I was trying too hard outside of 40' with the VP, pushing it, so the Ridge makes a nice transition for more distance with less effort, without really changing the mold, or my grip.

So the Super Firm is REALLY straight, like XD straight. It does fade a little at the end, but its still too dead to glide, so it never strayed far from the basket.
No skips, no rollaways, nice and flat all the way in.

My regular X link has a little dome to it, the super firm is dead flat, that might have something to do with my ability to make it turn.
I cant anny the new one as clean as the old one yet, but since it doesnt flex at all, it easier to take full power standstill runs straight at the basket.

Although this is like KC Pro stiff, its not glossy or oily, and the grip was perfect in 40° weather today. I really like the way it comes out of my hand clean, no griplock issues at all.

So I'm keeping it in the bag, and I need you to put me down for at least one when they come out again in a year. :D

Thanks dude. :hfive:

My first run Summit has a weird texture to it. It's not slick or greasy per se but it's feels like a bald tire with rubber dust on it (not to imply there is dust on it). I washed it in dish soap and it got super grippy but as soon as it dried off it was back to the same. Should I try the borax that people mentioned earlier, I guess? I don't foresee it getting grippier with rounds quickly since I've played a few and don't notice it getting better.

Vegan Ray tried something to get the tackiness back, I don't remember what it was. He used it on the soft, but it may work on the mediums too. Some sort of rubber treatment I think.

I have a few tester summits and mine are a little slick compared to the regular run summits.

I did stand them (test summits) up next to the regular run summits and the tester run summits are a little larger diameter. Did the regular summits get changed a bunch, or is this slight difference happen by chance?

There was a change to the Summits and a slight diameter difference does ring a bell. I think something with the shoulder too. BTW, I'm loving my Summit for a couple big left to right shots at Maple Hill (Hole 3 and Hole 6 on the Reds for those of you that know MH.)

I put it about four feet up, thrown nice and hard, with a touch of hyzer. The Summit flies straight to the corner the annys to the right and keeps turning. People watch me throw it and then they try flicking a driver but it does not turn as much. :)

from what I remeber they wernet going to do drivers and mids in soft because they wouldnt maintian their shape in flight. if they changed their material a little bit to it isnt so floppy i guess they did a test run:confused:

Yes, we did a test run and were impressed with the flight of the Ibex, Trak and Ascent in the X-Link Soft.

Steve;
I gotta chance to play a round with the Super Firm Ridge today.

I use my Ridge for most shots 100'-40', and have for a year now. It easy to put on many different lines.
I found I was trying too hard outside of 40' with the VP, pushing it, so the Ridge makes a nice transition for more distance with less effort, without really changing the mold, or my grip.

So the Super Firm is REALLY straight, like XD straight. It does fade a little at the end, but its still too dead to glide, so it never strayed far from the basket.
No skips, no rollaways, nice and flat all the way in.

My regular X link has a little dome to it, the super firm is dead flat, that might have something to do with my ability to make it turn.
I cant anny the new one as clean as the old one yet, but since it doesnt flex at all, it easier to take full power standstill runs straight at the basket.

Although this is like KC Pro stiff, its not glossy or oily, and the grip was perfect in 40° weather today. I really like the way it comes out of my hand clean, no griplock issues at all.

So I'm keeping it in the bag, and I need you to put me down for at least one when they come out again in a year. :D

Thanks dude. :hfive:

Glad to hear it. We'll make another for your wall next year. ;)

Mr Dodge,
I was wondering, does Vibram do any auto wrap advertising? Willing to wrap my wee lil Vibram yellow car in Vibram motif for Vibram merchandise. I've had my car since July 2010 and have over 32K miles on it. Play 10 to 15 tournaments a year and play multiple rounds a week.

Mr Dodge,
I was wondering, does Vibram do any auto wrap advertising? Willing to wrap my wee lil Vibram yellow car in Vibram motif for Vibram merchandise. I've had my car since July 2010 and have over 32K miles on it. Play 10 to 15 tournaments a year and play multiple rounds a week.

You would think something like my mini-van which has more space to advertise would be a better choice. My wife and I have discussed it in the past out of jest, but I am not sure she would actually go for it.

So it's cyber Monday....Anybody find any softs yet? I see a few listed at gggt but it's not clear if they've actually got them, and can't choose a color.

So it's cyber Monday....Anybody find any softs yet? I see a few listed at gggt but it's not clear if they've actually got them, and can't choose a color.

I order a bunch last week and they should be delivered tomorrow according to UPS so I hope they actually have them.

I was in store on Wednesday and they had more than a dozen of each. I was debating getting an Ibex or a Ridge but I did not find a color combination that really jumped out at me. I "settled" for a Medium Trak and a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.