• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Jesse B 707

* Ace Member *
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
sounds like one overstable and one strait putter

I have an XP Proto. Its pretty much a wizard in a weird slick rubbery plastic

I've been throwing the VP. Came in handy over the weekend with 25-35mi winds. It is a really good windy putter. Didn't even think about flipping. It is probably the most overstable putter out there, and I do love the plastic. I believe they've been tweaking the plastic/rubber, I think I have a slightly tweaked kind. Great for this cold weather and when it gets wet. We'll wait and see how the summer heat treats them. Pretty cool to see the quote from Aaron, a good friend and Team Maple Hill member, on a website in Sweden.

The vp is one of the most overstable putters i've ever tried. I havent thrown mine much (Aaron gave me a few at our last team challenge) but i like the way the plastic feels, and they are a sweet Team Tolland Red. You can really crank on them without them turning. I haven't tried putting with them. I like the way the summit sounds (beadless version of the vp??)

Basically a beadless VP. COMPLETELY different discs tho. More shallow, more understable, similar to an XD.

Do you know when the summits will be sent out? Steve said I should have the VPs in about 2 weeks and they're just sending those out first.

Im not sure of what Steve has going on.

I played a round today with Aaron and he brought out just his VP's. Drives, approaches, putts. Maybe it was just Aaron but the VP does it all. Stable as all hell but very predictable.

LaForce said:
Im not sure of what Steve has going on.

I played a round today with Aaron and he brought out just his VP's. Drives, approaches, putts. Maybe it was just Aaron but the VP does it all. Stable as all hell but very predictable.

I am putting and throwing the vp now. It seems to be a hair smaller than a challenger and more overstable. I have thrown some of my longest putter shots ever with the vp. I still have a couple challengers in the bag but I think the vp's may be moving in there to stay. Once the plastic breaks in a bit $$$$. They aren't as sensitive to nose angle as my challengers and don;t dent up nearly as easily. Very predictable i like em a lot, we'll see what the run of tester I get has to offer. The two I'm using now are from a run from October or November i think. A really nice red.

its hard to describe. Dont know if I could compare it to anything in particular other than an older run. It seems that each run has gotten a little softer and a little less slick. They have come a long way.

Got to toy around some more with these putters today up at the Maple Hill workday.

The Summit seems to be a great short range thrower. Much better with no wind(unlike today).
When we really tried to get some D out of it tho, it almost seemed a bit too understable at times. Will have to try it out some more without the wind. I think the key for now is slow arm speed.

I think they are gonna fudge around a bit more with it this week or next. Maybe take off less of the bead.

Latest posts