• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers KSO

mk.ultra

Birdie Member
Just got these "shoes" 2 days ago and I'm already in love. No I'm not trying to sell them, I just love the feeling of being able to play "barefoot" but still having the protection of a thin rubber sole (Pricks love to break glass on my local course). Also I got my first ever ace today with them on!!! :D Coincidence? Most likely. But still, I love teeing off with them. I have a feeling they may help improve my game.

vibram-five-fingers-shoes.png

i want a pair of the sporttreks.

how are the reg KSO's?

They are awesome so far. My feet/calves hurt the first day wearin em. 2nd day (today) my calves are fine and the front of my feet hurt a little bit. from what I hear this is completely normal as I'm starting to distribute my weight more evenly on my feet instead of all on my heel. they also force you to change your stride from a heel strike to landing more on your toes. running on them (on grass only so far) felt amazing, i felt very agile and quick, always landing on my toes.

also i'm not thread stalking you..

LOL 'sall good

also i'm not thread stalking you..
Obviously, you're still in denial. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Oh yeah, the shoes! They look neat, but think I'll stick with gym shoes.

are they something you have to wear all the time or can i just do my outdoor activities in them?

are they something you have to wear all the time or can i just do my outdoor activities in them?

Yes, you can wear them 24/7 once your feet have adjusted to the barefoot feeling. I can feel my feet rapidly adjusting, and my posture is improving as well. I'm also gonna use them for when I go to the gym, as being barefoot (or as close to it as you can be) is beneficial for squats and deadlifts.

Where in Wisconsin are you?

Right by Milwaukee, why?

I have a pair of these and I do like them, but for disc golf I tend to prefer my Merrell Moab Ventilators. I never had any leg pain or needed any "break in period" to spread or stretch my feet when I started wearing my Five Fingers, but after a couple of rounds on the disc golf course the soles of my feet get a little tired of dealing with the thin soles on the shoes. And it makes your run-up a little more complicated when you're driving on an uneven natural surface. Again it's not painful or particularly dangerous, but the extra sensory feedback coming through my feet during the run up adds to the complexity of the already challenging activity that my brain is trying to manage.

Also on concrete pads you have to watch the top sides of your toes. If you drag your toes on a concrete pad you're going to rip open the mesh on top of your toes and probably cut up your feet. For more protection you might try the KSO Trek version that has the kangaroo leather upper.

Finally, the KSO stands for "keeps stuff out," which is true for pebbles and leaves and such, but the mesh upper doesn't keep the dust out. Unless you wear toe socks, prepare to have dirty feet when you take them off.

just ordered my pair today :D my local REI didn't have my size in the style I wanted so I just ordered my pair after I tried some on. wayyyy pumped!

No F'n way. I just bought a pair of these a couple of days ago. I love them too much to destroy them on concrete teepads discgolfing, so it's still Merrell Moabs for me as well.

I have adjusted pretty quickly to wearing them, my feet actually started hurting less. But I did start barefooting it a little during the summers so...

Those Vibram's are tougher than they look Bro-D.

My brother's DG shoes are the Vibram Sprints (main difference is they don't cover the top of the foot with the webbing, it's open top past the toes. He loves them, and has no problem walking/wading right through creeks or puddles even since they dry up quickly.

There's a guy at my local field that used to rock these things all the time. I watched him stub his foot on a root and DISLOCATE HIS SMALL TOE...he no longer wears them.

They're interesting and all, but I like the way my toes are oriented now.

I switched from Merrills and hiking shoes to an Adidas trail running shoe, and I prefer the new ones. Trail running shoes have a lot of grip, and typically weight noticeably less than hiking shoes.

I have a pair of these and I do like them, but for disc golf I tend to prefer my Merrell Moab Ventilators. I never had any leg pain or needed any "break in period" to spread or stretch my feet when I started wearing my Five Fingers, but after a couple of rounds on the disc golf course the soles of my feet get a little tired of dealing with the thin soles on the shoes. And it makes your run-up a little more complicated when you're driving on an uneven natural surface. Again it's not painful or particularly dangerous, but the extra sensory feedback coming through my feet during the run up adds to the complexity of the already challenging activity that my brain is trying to manage.

Also on concrete pads you have to watch the top sides of your toes. If you drag your toes on a concrete pad you're going to rip open the mesh on top of your toes and probably cut up your feet. For more protection you might try the KSO Trek version that has the kangaroo leather upper.

Finally, the KSO stands for "keeps stuff out," which is true for pebbles and leaves and such, but the mesh upper doesn't keep the dust out. Unless you wear toe socks, prepare to have dirty feet when you take them off.

I've only been wearing them for 3 days and my feet are already adapted. Probably because I endured the slight pain the first few days and just kept wearing them constantly. Now there is no pain at all, my weight is evenly distributed throughout my feet.

just ordered my pair today :D my local REI didn't have my size in the style I wanted so I just ordered my pair after I tried some on. wayyyy pumped!

you should be pumped, once your feet adjust they are ultimate:hfive:

+1

Ultra-Light, Breathable, and Vibram Soles = Perfect DG Shoes.

indeed, I just hope they hold up they were way too expensive

No F'n way. I just bought a pair of these a couple of days ago. I love them too much to destroy them on concrete teepads discgolfing, so it's still Merrell Moabs for me as well.

I have adjusted pretty quickly to wearing them, my feet actually started hurting less. But I did start barefooting it a little during the summers so...

yeah it only took me like 3 days to get used it em

Those Vibram's are tougher than they look Bro-D.

My brother's DG shoes are the Vibram Sprints (main difference is they don't cover the top of the foot with the webbing, it's open top past the toes. He loves them, and has no problem walking/wading right through creeks or puddles even since they dry up quickly.

i hope they last awhile. and yeah just another positive aspect, you can use them for virtually anything

call me old school but i will stick with old fashioned socks and shoes

old school

lol jk

There's a guy at my local field that used to rock these things all the time. I watched him stub his foot on a root and DISLOCATE HIS SMALL TOE...he no longer wears them.

They're interesting and all, but I like the way my toes are oriented now.

I switched from Merrills and hiking shoes to an Adidas trail running shoe, and I prefer the new ones. Trail running shoes have a lot of grip, and typically weight noticeably less than hiking shoes.

I've stubbed my toe once, it hurt like hell and I've learned to watch where I walk.

Latest posts