• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Lace Official Announcement

It sounds like you're either putting WAY too much torque on it or putting OAT on it. Vibram doesn't beat in very quickly, if at all. I can consistently throw my laces 400' with little to no turn.

I throw 420'. OAT is not my problem with the disc, it's the extremely quick loss of stability. A disc that goes from neutral to incredibly understable in 3 rounds has terrible durability, period. I've posted a picture of what happens when a medium lace hits a tree in that other "let me down" thread.

stop forehanding and work on your backhand form.

the lace is eaaaasy distance.

My backhand form is decent I just can't get distance any where near my forehand distance, neither can 99% of other people I've ever played with. I'm not going to stop throwing forehand and give up on outdriving everyone in the area.

My 166 lace beat in EXACTLY as if it were a DX destroyer, 3 rounds and it's done.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're either putting WAY too much torque on it or putting OAT on it. Vibram doesn't beat in very quickly, if at all. I can consistently throw my laces 400' with little to no turn.

you must have only used your lace once, even when I throw my lace backhand with my 325' distance on a hyzer it flips over then comes back now. The first day I use it I tried it backhand flat release and it held a stiff hyzer the whole way.

BTW there is no such thing as too much torque on a max distance driver, if a max distance driver can't handle my ON axis torque it shouldn't be listed as a max distance driver.

Last edited:
I get the same results as rhynos4life. It is very angle sensitive though, the direction of your reach back and follow through factor in alot more than other drivers. It doesn't work well with the torque of using two angles unless you are familiar with it. I don't have to use much to throw this disc in comparison to the other drivers Ive used for this slot. I have no idea of your location but I've had some of my furthest throws when I play height, elevation, and wind with the lace. This is by no means an all purpose disc but can be a "jack of all trades" (except a headwind lol it's just useless there.)

As for durability worst thing that's happened to my firm lace was a massive hyzer into the asphalt left a nice bend into the wing, I ran hot water over it from the faucet and went right back into shape. Trees have taken tiny slices in the center of the rim but nothing that's affected the flight. Unlike plastic any damage I've inflicted to a vibram I've been able to reverse with hot water or pushing the excess rubber from dents and gauges back with a heated piece of metal. You can do some of these things to plastic but not as significant as rubber. It's funny to me after a day of golfing and frustration of what I think I've done to my discs but they are fine, but I do have complaint. Thorns pierce through in some of the worst ways, fixable but annoying when your local park is covered in them plus on the trees.

Here's a shot showing how the layers of rubber separate on a medium lace when you hit a tree.

Kinda difficult to see all the layers but there are 4 separated layers of rubber on the edge.
IMAG0169.jpg

closer to my hand on the left side you can see a second tree hit that was near the end of the flight so the speed of the hit was much slower, yet still separated several layers of rubber.

I've fixed worse my friend, I've had similar slice marks on all my discs even putters, mostly the bead, they all still fly very well. It's merely cosmetic damage and is usually why I fix them, I'm a little OCD about things like that. This happens to all my plastic as well but rubber pierces and slices more.

Latest posts