• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open

What about the prestige of winning the V.O.? I think it's more than fair to say the Vibram Open is more recognizable than the End of the Trail Classic, no? Your point is a valid one though, I think the payout is kinda skewed. $3000 for 1st and $2200 for 2nd? Come on...

Yeah, prestige without payout is not lasting (they can't afford it). Of course its an NT event still, and they play for NT series points (but as far as I know, winning NT points doesn't pay out all that well, either).

Still, End of the Trail Classic makes a lot of other tournaments look bad. Like some of the other traditionally big NT events, which have also been slacking on the payouts and the players packages are no longer as bling-loaded. E.g., here on the west coast the Masters Cup has waned, while the BSF has been on the ascendancy (with help from Keen, Huklab, and other big sponsors). We all need to get our acts together and help bring these tournaments back up to big payouts.

You have to come up for the Vibram though to understand Jhern, it's a Dgolf party. Heck, I'll even show you around town if you do. :hfive:

I would love to go up there, and also play the course again. I enjoyed the course very much. Nice to be on private property too, for the party!

Yeah, prestige without payout is not lasting (they can't afford it). Of course its an NT event still, and they play for NT series points (but as far as I know, winning NT points doesn't pay out all that well, either).

Still, End of the Trail Classic makes a lot of other tournaments look bad. Like some of the other traditionally big NT events, which have also been slacking on the payouts and the players packages are no longer as bling-loaded. E.g., here on the west coast the Masters Cup has waned, while the BSF has been on the ascendancy (with help from Keen, Huklab, and other big sponsors). We all need to get our acts together and help bring these tournaments back up to big payouts.

I would argue the exact opposite. Since the money in professional DG is so small (even most of the top dogs work very hard and have a ton of stress for almost poverty level income) bragging rights and personal achievement are what lasts.

I personally see no reason why locals should bust their butts raising tons on funds for ringers who swoop into their area and scoop it all up which out much more than a "thank you". I think lots of TD's get roped into the bragging rights/achievement thing of putting on the biggest/best events, but in the end how does any of that really accomplish anything?

There are no eyeballs watching dg to attract sponsors, so that money would be much better spent doing things like building courses, running clinics and doing other local DG-awareness campaigns to try to grow the # of potential eyeballs.

They come to the Vibram Open because it is THE BEST TOURNAMENT OUT THERE. You just have to be there to understand.

And how can you complain about the payout. The top 10 players got more than $1000 each. A flatter payout I believe is preferred by these traveling players also, as they need to make money to survive and a few strokes can cost Thousands of dollars with a non-flat payout. I am sure that everyone who cashed, was more than happy with their winnings. And I'm pretty sure Nate is not too disappointed with only getting $3000.

They come to the Vibram Open because it is THE BEST TOURNAMENT OUT THERE. You just have to be there to understand.

And how can you complain about the payout. The top 10 players got more than $1000 each. A flatter payout I believe is preferred by these traveling players also, as they need to make money to survive and a few strokes can cost Thousands of dollars with a non-flat payout. I am sure that everyone who cashed, was more than happy with their winnings. And I'm pretty sure Nate is not too disappointed with only getting $3000.

Exactly. I heard Barsby say hell yeah i'll be back $1300 for 7th thats awesome or something to that effect.

And it is the best tournament I will not miss this ever.