• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VIRGINIA Disc Golf EVENTS

Well, shyte. I supposed I missed the first installment... Alas, I could not have gone anyway. Time to play catch-up!

Did you make it out to Staunton Razor?
No, I had been sick for about a week and didn't want to prolong that feeling by over doing it. Im nearly 50 and can't do what I used to do how I used to do it. My son and another local went and played AM. He said there were lots of new faces there. not sure if they were just locals to Stanton or new BRAWLers. He did place and bring home some more plastic. Gonna try real hard to make it to Falling Creek\YMCA. haven't played the Y yet.

I think there were a lot of Staunton locals. We will see this weekend probably, hope we have a good turnout. Hope you get to feeling better and can get out and join us soon.........

Week 2 of the BRAWL Series is Saturday at Big Branch in Bedford. From what I have heard, I don't have the arm for the course but I am still looking forward to it. If I don't know who you arand you see me there give me a shout, I carry a purple Voodoo Mojo full of mostly Lat plastic and a zone or two..................jerry

The wind is a huge factor usually at Timber Ridge and Big Branch, still healing my hand so hope to be out perhaps as early as the 29th for my favorite course Falling Creek. Since it would be my first time playing since probably June I would expect an extremely rusty and poor performance nonetheless but lots of fun.

It's all about the fun..... I've never seen either BB or TR. Do you know if on the 29th they are going to play one round at Falling Creek and the other at the Y?

It's all about the fun..... I've never seen either BB or TR. Do you know if on the 29th they are going to play one round at Falling Creek and the other at the Y?

Thats what it says but I've never played at the Y (heard its just a longer peaks view). As BB and TR, I think you will find that TR is the better of the two courses if you play both.

Cool. Can just anybody go play a round at the YMCA course or do you have to be a member?

I believe it will be like last year, first round at Falling Creek, and then the second round at the Bedford YMCA. You can play the YMCA as long you don't do anything silly like damage or drink and leave beer or trash there. The holes need still to be marked as where the tees are better. Ben Weise might have worked on them recently, but I don't know for sure.

The Big Branch side of the farm is a little more open, but in spots a little more hilly than Timber Ridge. I think it is hole 2 that has a hanging basket, but with a long dropping off hill behind it. Remember that it is on a farm and bring some shoes you don't mind getting a little poop on and Towels to wipe your discs off of with. I would really advise you do bring lunch with you. It is a long course, and starting the second round on time and finishing before dark is a good idea.

I believe it will be like last year, first round at Falling Creek, and then the second round at the Bedford YMCA. You can play the YMCA as long you don't do anything silly like damage or drink and leave beer or trash there. The holes need still to be marked as where the tees are better. Ben Weise might have worked on them recently, but I don't know for sure.

The Big Branch side of the farm is a little more open, but in spots a little more hilly than Timber Ridge. I think it is hole 2 that has a hanging basket, but with a long dropping off hill behind it. Remember that it is on a farm and bring some shoes you don't mind getting a little poop on and Towels to wipe your discs off of with. I would really advise you do bring lunch with you. It is a long course, and starting the second round on time and finishing before dark is a good idea.

Any wooded "technical" holes on the BB course?

Usually Vince does a good job of moving the cattle off that oart of the farm so you aren't going to land in fresh patties but like pdiddy says (patrick parnell perhaps) you will land on some older ones that when disturbed can be nasty.

Usually Vince does a good job of moving the cattle off that oart of the farm so you aren't going to land in fresh patties but like pdiddy says (patrick parnell perhaps) you will land on some older ones that when disturbed can be nasty.

Grew up all around the stuff, I can deal. (I also always carry a large pack of baby wipes in my bag, helps in case I think I got in poison oak).....;)

as for the technical holes, if they are anything like the ones at TR then yes, they will be tight and challenging.

You guessed right Jordan, Not quite as technical as the wooded parts of Timber Ridge, but OB fence line does play more on some holes. So if you have a favorite distance disc, carry a back up in case it goes OB and can't get it back in time. Vince is pretty strict about enforcing the Lost Disc Rule.

No BRAWL event next weekend, it starts up again on December 29th at Falling Creek in Bedford first round, and the 2nd round at the Bedford YMCA in the afternoon.

No BRAWL event next weekend, it starts up again on December 29th at Falling Creek in Bedford first round, and the 2nd round at the Bedford YMCA in the afternoon.

Looking forward to finally being able to play in a BRAWL event. I was booked on the first one, and felt like horrible crap yesterday morning. And therefore, I have some catching up to do in the standings...

Franklin Park Ice Bowl and Chili Cookoff 2/9/13

Franklin Park, Purcellville VA
Sat Februalry 9, 2013
Players Meeting: 10:15AM
Tee time: 10:30AM
LoCo DGC Members: $25 plus 2 cans of food
Non-LoCo DGC Members: $30 plus 2 cans of food
CFR Discraft Buzz and Innova Star Cobra are available for purchse: $25
$20 hole sponsorship

All proceeds go to Loudoun Interfaith Relief (http://www.interfaithrelief.org)

Chili cookoff will follow the round. PM me for details on the chili contest.

Latest posts