• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

voodoo backpack

Im usually not a fan of backpacks. But this might be interesting. Hopefully they can keep up with orders and not have a long waiting period like they do their regular bags.

Something tells me if you're not online the moment they release it could be a very long wait.
Hopefully its pleasing to the eye and not square/boxy looking, and hopefully it comes in blood red :)

Something tells me if you're not online the moment they release it could be a very long wait.
Hopefully its pleasing to the eye and not square/boxy looking, and hopefully it comes in blood red :)

I'm going to cross my fingers that they understand the demand and are working to make sure it's not a big issue. Feldberg was here in August at a tournament and it's the first I heard of it. At that time, he had said "wait a few weeks." which was....oh, about 5 months ago.

Its just a matter if they want to hire help to make the bags. It seems like its only one person making everything and they sell everything they make. Its not a bad situation to be in. Probably only do it part-time.

Unless they want to grow the company (take out a business loan, rent more space) there will always seem to be a shortage to us. They'd run the risk of not selling everything, having inventory sitting around, and paying people to stand around. Wouldn't be a great situation. Maybe after disc golf is more maintstream they'd have a business case.

As it is right now, I'm happy to wait for something I really want. What do they say about "those who wait"?

If they make one in potion purple and it looks good I will be getting one. :thmbup:

Its just a matter if they want to hire help to make the bags. It seems like its only one person making everything and they sell everything they make. Its not a bad situation to be in. Probably only do it part-time.

He outsources the bags. He doesn't make them like Gorilla Boy does. I don't know the manufacturing situation though (if it's a factory, or company, or some guy he knows, etc.) but he just designs them and markets them. Supply is determined by the place that makes the bags.

VDG bags are made in Colorado.

Had a warranty situation which was handled top notch.

Spoke with the lady @ VDG and she mentioned that's where their made.

Bad news for the grip bag! If the voodoo backpack is as good as their traditional bag, which im sure it will be, grip is gonna lose some customers... Including me! Ill sell my grip in a heartbeat to get a voodoo backpack if its got as much attention to detail as their other stuff. The mojo was by far superior to any other tradtional style bag ive owned or seen so i have high hopes for this backpack bag!

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one :)

im pretty sure grip isnt worried, i dont know if u knew but grip is kinda a big deal lol (for good reason)

After seeing this thread, I feel I REALLY need to get a Voodoo bag. Called them about the Mojo, and guess what. A month or two before they'll get any in?! How do they just plain not have any products in stock at all. They look and sound great, but that long of a wait for a bag that's been released long ago kinda sucks.

After seeing this thread, I feel I REALLY need to get a Voodoo bag. Called them about the Mojo, and guess what. A month or two before they'll get any in?! How do they just plain not have any products in stock at all. They look and sound great, but that long of a wait for a bag that's been released long ago kinda sucks.

They are most likely all out of stock due to the holidays. I bought mine in early december and i don't think anything was out of stock at that time.

I got my mojo for Christmas, and there was a pretty limited selection of colors. I think the brown would have been cool, but the red is pretty nice.

The quality of Voodoo cannot be overstated. They look and feel great!

im pretty sure grip isnt worried, i dont know if u knew but grip is kinda a big deal lol (for good reason)

I dont know if you know, but i own a grip. Did i say anything about them being worried? grip is a big deal because currently ther is nothing better. All these other guys trying to make backpacks are falling way short of grip, but if anyone is gonna do it better than them its voodoo

I dont know if you know, but i own a grip. Did i say anything about them being worried? grip is a big deal because currently ther is nothing better. All these other guys trying to make backpacks are falling way short of grip, but if anyone is gonna do it better than them its voodoo

Ever used a Mahal? Cuz ive used a grip, its not better than a mahal

VDG bags are made in Colorado.

Had a warranty situation which was handled top notch.

Spoke with the lady @ VDG and she mentioned that's where their made.

As a Voodoo dealer, I can tell you that their bags are no longer made in Colorado. Voodoo was as unhappy as anyone that the supply of bags wasn't where it needed to be so they made what I think is a great change. The transition period to the new manufacturer is why Voodoo is out of some models, colors, etc. Shane from Voodoo told me they are expecting a large shipment of Mojos in all six colors around the end of this month.

Touché BUT, i wouldnt put the mahal in the same category as the other backpack bags. Its a beast and not really anything like the other backpack bags. Its in a class of its own. Ive never used a mahal but ive seen several in groups ive played in and theyre an impressive bag for sure.

But id still rather carry my grip. I dont need that kind of space to play disc... Unless im doing it for 14 days and need to bring all my food and water in my bag with a tent and sleeping bag lol the mahal is truely a wonderous bag

And yes i do like me grip alot but id get rid of it for a voodoo backpack if theyre as good as the rest of their stuff

As a Voodoo dealer, I can tell you that their bags are no longer made in Colorado. Voodoo was as unhappy as anyone that the supply of bags wasn't where it needed to be so they made what I think is a great change. The transition period to the new manufacturer is why Voodoo is out of some models, colors, etc. Shane from Voodoo told me they are expecting a large shipment of Mojos in all six colors around the end of this month.

Where are they made now? I wonder if it will affect the quality??? The fit and finish is what I liked the most about Voodoo products.

Where are they made now? I wonder if it will affect the quality??? The fit and finish is what I liked the most about Voodoo products.

Where they get the bags made is proprietary information so I didn't feel it was my place to ask. The bags will continue to be made from exactly the same materials. After many conversations with them about the new manufacturer, I am convinced that the change will only make Voodoo bags better.

I have both and I would have to call it even. The Grip has a much better and well thought out design than the Mahal. However the Mahal is better in the quality dept.
To me the Grip was designed for disc golf from the begining. While the Mahal came from a top quality backpack company, but was then turned into a bag for disc golf.
For big disc golf junkets up to OR and WA I bring my Mahal, but for the local scene I stick with the Grip. However, if i could fit just 2 to 4 more discs in the Grip. I would most likeiy sell my Mahal's

Where they get the bags made is proprietary information so I didn't feel it was my place to ask. The bags will continue to be made from exactly the same materials. After many conversations with them about the new manufacturer, I am convinced that the change will only make Voodoo bags better.

Sounds exactly like what people say when they try to bypass "made in China"
No offense to you, Glide.

Latest posts