• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

I was expecting something 'game changing' what, idk. But for all the hype, until they get a video online, meh

Does anyone see the huge pockets on both sides of the bag! there has to be a huge amount of storage on this thing.
looks like the same kind of pockets as the grip back, which is the same kind of shape that are used before that on the simian...just smaller

I was pretty much resolved to getting the Ergo, but then I saw those professional photos and I'm sold on the Spinal Tap again. Now if only there was a photo of the false putter pocket area!

644616_509985199039704_1552595833_n.jpg

I was pretty much resolved to getting the Ergo, but then I saw those professional photos and I'm sold on the Spinal Tap again. Now if only there was a photo of the false putter pocket area!

I'm thinking this will be the next photo they post.

Ok after saying i hate voodoo and ill never buy anything again,,,i like what im seeing. One thing that i dont like about grip is they have the grip logo everywhere on it and the name GRIP at the top. A small thing i know but its sorta a pet pev of mine. Companies dont need to plaster a product with symbols or names. If the product is good enough then people will find out what it is. Huk lab is another, they plaster everything with that symbol of theirs. Looks like voodoo just did a single patch at the top,,thats it. Pretty cool.

Looks about the same size as grip but maybe some better pockets and mini pocket.

The one thing that I dont see that I really liked about their straitjackets was the earbuds in the top for listening to music without getting all tangled up in the straps

The one thing that I dont see that I really liked about their straitjackets was the earbuds in the top for listening to music without getting all tangled up in the straps

Have you used this function on the straps? I would get upset having to take the earphones out every time I set the bag down to throw.

Looks amazing!

I wasn't sure with the first photos but this second set confirms that this will be my next bag.
I am still super curious to see inside of the top pocket and the one on top of the disc flap.

Ok, first from the voodoo specs we already know the spinal tap will be a much higher quality construction with the 1000D Cordura and Ballistics base. The fronts look similar, I like to say that the voodoo Main disc pocket isn't as deep making it slightly easier to pull out and put away discs. The water bottle pockets are equivalient to the original voodoo line of bags meaning they will hold a 32oz nalgene easily, There are pencil pockets on the side. ON the back is the signature 3/4inch padding found on all voodoo bags making this dueable for a 36 hole day easily, maybe more. There are also pencil pockets on the straps for easy access. Once again we also see the wonderful side pockets of voodoo, can possibly hold discs but will easily hold a hoodie I am sure among other things (those pockets are huge as they always are). Back to the front it appears there is a top zippered pocket that zips down and around, opposite the disc pocket to store wallets keys, etc. The putter pocket is also GRIP styled, capable of holding at least 3 putters. There is also a mini pocket on that flap for quick access to your mini.
Based on this analysis I have crafted, it is clear the Voodoo Spinal Tap will be a completely Revamped GRIP with tons of storage, convenient features such as the mini pocket and pencil holders, but this bag will be cheaper than the Grip no matter what happens.

I know it's something extremely small and doesn't push people to make a decision on buying a bag, but I really do like the pencil pockets on the straps.