• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Has anyone bought one of these bags recently? I'm very curious as to whether they've fixed the trouble spots on the current production runs or not. I really don't want to buy one and have to go through all the bull**** I'm reading about in this thread.

last i read, the next run production is pending prototype testing. best case scenario is probably late summer. they haven't given any updates in a while.

i've been wanting to cop one purely because it reminds me of the jansports i used to have as a kid.

The zipper on my putter pouch failed and I sent Voodoo a email for warranty. They responded that "working on a new warranty process and will get you the info for a repair asap". Ugh. Sad cause I really love my Spinal Tap but haven't enjoyed the repairs needed (this is going to be the second trip back into the shop) to keep it working as intended. Hoping I'm not waiting weeks before getting my bag fixed.

The zipper on my putter pouch failed and I sent Voodoo a email for warranty. They responded that "working on a new warranty process and will get you the info for a repair asap". Ugh. Sad cause I really love my Spinal Tap but haven't enjoyed the repairs needed (this is going to be the second trip back into the shop) to keep it working as intended. Hoping I'm not waiting weeks before getting my bag fixed.

It's two weeks later and Voodoo isn't responding to emails or answering voice-mails. Pity such a great product is managed by such lackadaisical management. Unfortunately this last stunt has solidified my decision to not buy the new model of the Spinal Tap (it is my favorite design) and instead buy a Grip or the LBBags.

It's two weeks later and Voodoo isn't responding to emails or answering voice-mails. Pity such a great product is managed by such lackadaisical management. Unfortunately this last stunt has solidified my decision to not buy the new model of the Spinal Tap (it is my favorite design) and instead buy a Grip or the LBBags.

And they pull me right back in! Just got a call from them, they helped me upgrade to the new design (in that cool grey color) instead of fixing it via warranty. Boom!

And they pull me right back in! Just got a call from them, they helped me upgrade to the new design (in that cool grey color) instead of fixing it via warranty. Boom!

That is good to hear that they are fixing it right:thmbup:
Thanks for keeping us updated with the goods and the bads.

To all aspiring Voodoo Disc Golf ST owners. We have some exciting news. We are offering free shipping within the continental U.S.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 28

Got my grey upgraded design one yesterday; definitely a upgrade to the prior version. Increased rigidity, smarter shoulder straps, better function of putter pouch, tougher materials on small pockets and inside of cavity, improved rainfly design; nailed them all. The main disc compartment seems to hold one less disc than the prior iteration (unless the fabric really relaxes allowing for one more) but the putter pocket definitely accommodates one more disc making it "disc space" neutral. Weight is distributed even a little better on my back (which is saying something). Very happy with the bag.

The Spinal Taps are really nice bags. We sell them in our shop and the quality of material used is second to none.

The Spinal Taps are really nice bags. We sell them in our shop and the quality of material used is second to none.

I've been really debating in what I want for a first bag. I saw the Voodoo video for the new bag and was impressed. It's simple, but seems so practical and durable. No other bag seems to have such an ideal combination of features

Sadly, I went to check them out on Voodoo's site and after I finally decided I'd like the red Feldberg bag, it is no longer available.

Has anyone used iron on patches with this bag, and did they take well?

Octothorpe vs spinal tap

I am contemplating a new bag. Any thoughts on this vs the Octothorpe?

I've got a friend with the spinal tap and i have the octothorpe. His bag is much bigger in size. Taller and wider. Octothorpe is a great bag. Very functional and rides better than any bag i have ever owned. Cant speak much more on sponal tap other than size comparison. I carry 18 discs in my main compartmebt and 4 putters in putter pocket. Hope this helps at least a little.

I'm underwhelmed by the aesthetics of the Octothorpe (bland and paunchy) when compared to the newer Spinal Tap. I think the design of the Octothorpe is really inventive though, the putter pocket is the best I've ever seen. I have absolutely no complaints about the newer Spinal Tap design, all of the issues I had with the first one were fixed/improved. I've had mine maybe 6 or 7 months and have had zero fit, form, function issues.

Latest posts