• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] vroc approved

wow so happy i moved away from my beloved old rocs before all this +,3,5, whatever crazyness :p .. i just dont understand why you would tinker around with an already beautiful mold.. well other then $$ :eek:

i just want a champ glow rancho. i'll pay the 25-30 usdgc price, just run them.

Can't wait to take this disc out cruising with my veggie burger and vegan snack bars and fresh squeezed carrot juice... :rolleyes:

they haven't been run for the usdgc since 2006.

Huh? Champion Rancho Rocs were run for the USDGC just last year. See the USDGC website:

500 of these Champ Rocs in the Original Rancho mold were released to USDGC Partners earlier in the month.

Oh and the Gaurdian stamped Rocs mentioned weren't the only champ Ranchos produced for last year's UDGC; the Warrior Mask stamped Rocs were also Ranchos and there were I believe 700 of those made.

I could be wrong but I think that puts them at seven different ROC molds.

San Marino
Ontario
Rancho
ROC +
ROC3
VROC
Classic ROC

This is correct. Personally, I'd throw the classic roc out as it really only shares the Roc name and that's it. You could also make the argument that the Roc+ is such garbage that it isn't worth counting.

So here's a hypothetical for yall: If the Roc3 is the speed 5 version of the Rancho, and the VRoc is the speed 5 version of the San Marino, then how long is it before they drop a speed 5 Ontario? :popcorn:

Same with Discraft and the Buzzz...

the difference is that the last release for the buzzz was the buzzz os. Its a great disc that makes sense in their buzzz line to compliment the buzzz ss and the regular buzzz with some overstability. the vroc doesnt really seem to compliment anything for roc throwers. maybe something to throw till their champ roc3's beat in?

the difference is that the last release for the buzzz was the buzzz os. Its a great disc that makes sense in their buzzz line to compliment the buzzz ss and the regular buzzz with some overstability. the vroc doesnt really seem to compliment anything for roc throwers. maybe something to throw till their champ roc3's beat in?

I agree.

there are currently 3 buzzz molds. OS, SS, Buzzz. That's a lot less cloudy landscape.

Holy crap how did this turn into roc v buzzz? It's 2015 for crying out loud.

I agree.

there are currently 3 buzzz molds. OS, SS, Buzzz. That's a lot less cloudy landscape.

That's true. The Buzzz grouping seems much more bread and butter, a working mans go to setup. The Roc seems set up more for Aficionados and tinkerers.

If I could have used the Discraft setup, I probably would have bought all three and just called it a day, but, I could never quite get a good release with them. I prefer beads.

That's true. The Buzzz grouping seems much more bread and butter, a working mans go to setup. The Roc seems set up more for Aficionados and tinkerers.

If I could have used the Discraft setup, I probably would have bought all three and just called it a day, but, I could never quite get a good release with them. I prefer beads.

That makes sense. And, there is nothing wrong with having more options, no one is being forced to bag 7 roc molds.

however, they could probably start naming it something else rather than just milking the dollars from the roc name and confusing everyone

I don't see any confusion. I doubt people are saying "I need to throw a Roc but can't decide which Roc to throw". If they are thinking that way they're over thinking the whole process of throwing.

Huh? Champion Rancho Rocs were run for the USDGC just last year. See the USDGC website:

Oh and the Gaurdian stamped Rocs mentioned weren't the only champ Ranchos produced for last year's UDGC; the Warrior Mask stamped Rocs were also Ranchos and there were I believe 700 of those made.

I was talking about glow. I don't care if it's for the USDGC or regular production, make them.

Latest posts