• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Vulcan topped AJ Destroyers?

LocalsRoute

Par Member
Anybody else notice some of these AJ Destroyers that what looks to be Vulcan tops on them? 100% not a destroyer top but the bottom is.:confused: Accidents happening at innova factory? or by design?

Vulcan:
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Wing Width: 2.4 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm

Destroyer:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Wing Width: 2.2 cm
Rim Depth: 1.2 cm

Not saying it's impossible, but that vulcan top would be hard to line up with a destroyer bottom.

you're crazy. there are just a bunch of really flat topped destoryers out there, i see them all the time

1mm can mean the plastic shrank or expanded on cooling. Many discs come out of the same mold and end up varying 1-2mm in diameter due to this.

Since the Archon is a Vulcan top and Wraith bottom, it's totally possible for a disc to have a Vulcan top and Destroyer bottom.

However, without seeing the disc I too would speculate that it is probably just a Destroyer than cooled a little weird.

I have seen protos of these, so the combo HAS been molded. But the guy who had it knows DD really well...and has half a bag full of "never before seen/unlikely" tops and bottoms to test out. I wouldn't think they'd actually let any get stamped, but you never know. So: attempt to be cool with op.

FWIW: He said it was one of his favorite drivers...

Robert_Sanders

Ok pics kinda show what im talking about. They are both Aj destroyers, the blue one has what looks to be a Vulcan top. The wing under is a destroyer but the top is not. They are less HSS as well.

Last edited:
i have a blue echo destroyer that is very vulcan like it has the weird abrupt slope down the top toward the rim with a line where it starts that sounds very confusing i dont know how to put it into words but mine flys really overstable compared to a vulcan

That does sort of look like it. But the Vulcan top is much flatter than that. Id like to see a profile pic of it next to a vulcan.

Not so sure, surge. I have a couple vulcans that are domey like in these photos.

Certainly is the vulcan top. :|

I hope its not a perma change to destroyers. I liked em the way they were.

Latest posts