• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

I've got a set of gold discs: sparkle Patriot & Enemy, a Ti Buzzz, BuzzzOS and Nuke, and a goldish JB Roach.
Still adding to it. Going to have my full setup. Just for days when I'm feeling fancy.

A local discraft pro took a couple of these to league last night. They seem similar to a fresh thundy maybe with a bit more sweeping fade. I only saw a couple throws so this sample size is limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the domey, low plh predators that I carry.

They are fantastic, if what you are describing was like the seasoned Predator I use to throw!

That Predator was versatile and sneaky long.

With it's release, has anybody here thrown the Vulture? Curious to hear the feedback.

I would try this mold out if I wasn't so stocked up on Thunderbirds. Glad to see it's going to be offered in a lot of good plastics. I'd like to see some side by side pictures between the Vulture and Thunderbird.

Are they flying as far as Thunderbirds? If so, then it might be worth checking to due to the smaller rim.

Faster/farther than an Undertaker. Less HSS than a Tsunami/Pred, significantly so. I worked mine over this weekend on a heavily wooded course. Was pleased with the LSS, though I expected (assumed, really) that it would have more resistance to turn. One particular shot that comes to mind is a hyzer flip FH that worked out nearly perfectly. It also has nice glide, and when it does hook up at the end of the flight, good forward fade. Comfortable in the hand. I expect this to be a popular mold with throwers of various skill levels.

Faster/farther than an Undertaker. Less HSS than a Tsunami/Pred, significantly so. I worked mine over this weekend on a heavily wooded course. Was pleased with the LSS, though I expected (assumed, really) that it would have more resistance to turn. One particular shot that comes to mind is a hyzer flip FH that worked out nearly perfectly. It also has nice glide, and when it does hook up at the end of the flight, good forward fade. Comfortable in the hand. I expect this to be a popular mold with throwers of various skill levels.

Based on your review, sounds like Eagle X? Possibly longer?

So I've now messed around with a bunch of Big Z Vultures near max weight. Overall impression was very positive. Greens were the straightest, pinks and oranges most overstable, but all of each color flew the same. Wing is definitely comparable to a Predator, but the flight is unbelievably glidey. For lower-power throwers the disc will act a little bit overstable but could still be useful. This seems like the replacement mold for Avengers, but a little faster and glidier.

Personally, I am confident it will be in my bag as a good shaping disc in the 350-400 range. It's straight enough for good woods use, but overstable enough to throw open hyzers. Definitely fits well between Undertakers (a little faster and more stable) and Cranks (a little slower, so easier to use in woods or fan-grip).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhEgqGSg_ZE/?hl=en&taken-by=discraftdiscgolf

I've taken it to the course 2 times now, but during a weekly, so it slipped my mind. Going to test it today, but I don't see how this disc is faster than an Undertaker. Seems like the same speed to me. The Undertaker has a .1 cm wider rim, and a sharper rim configuration (30.75 vs 33.50).

Sounds like bad measurements. Vulture rim is most definitely wider. Seems like you and I usually agree on flights, and I believe you will find the Vulture to be quicker and need less height than an Undertaker. It could replace my most OS Undertaker if I was looking to.

Personally, I am confident it will be in my bag as a good shaping disc in the 350-400 range. It's straight enough for good woods use, but overstable enough to throw open hyzers. Definitely fits well between Undertakers (a little faster and more stable) and Cranks (a little slower, so easier to use in woods or fan-grip).

Well, I don't have mullethead's arm as I rarely hit 400' with a light Tern, but I picked up a (174g) Vulture today and got some throws in on my lunch break. I also picked up a swirly DX Teebird (not a direct comparison I know, but it served to check my form) and had a somewhat seasoned old (good) DX Thunderbird weighing in at 171g on hand for comparison.

The Teebird flew as expected with a slight right turn and finishing straight in front of me, so I was throwing normally. I don't use the Thunderbirds often, so I was glad to have something I'm more familiar with on hand to eliminate any wonky form issues. I would say the brand new Ti Vulture and the several month old DX Thunderbird were fairly similar discs. If anything the Vulture was slightly longer and mellower than the worn in Thunderbird. I'm optimistic enough about the way the Vulture will fly once it's beat in that I'm going to pull all Volts out of my bag for the first time since it's release to give the Vulture a shot at that slot. A Vulture SS might be the attainable, low weight, first run Volt clone I've been looking for.

Afraid I couldn't speak to that. Been a long time since I threw Innova, and may have never thrown an Eagle of any variety. Sorry.
I'll field this one, as I'm an avid Eagle thrower (although they're out of the bag ATM). For a bigger arm than mine they might be similar to an Eagle, but I saw no similarities. Even a fresh Champ Eagle-X shows a little turn for me. The Vulture was dead straight until it lost speed and then finished to the left. It's flight was less dumpy than the Thunderbird I compared it to, but I could have drawn a 30' circle around both discs on any set of throws where I didn't do something stupid.

Got a couple of Big Z's this weekend and tested it out against a teebird and Alpha. Vulture is definitely faster than either of these discs. Not by a tremendous amount, but still faster. Where the teebird is a speed 7, I'd say the Alpha closer to an 8, the Vulture would be closer to a 9. The Vulture loved the hyzers. Not big sweeping ones, but long straight hyzers with a solid fade to it. The more I threw it the more I liked it. I could actual see this kicking out the teebirds. The Alpha is better all-around fairway driver for me, but I've been wanting something between it and the Punishers I throw. This fits the bill.