• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warlock??

scooter,

you've been throwing the warlock for several weeks now?
what do you think of it?

is it going to be in your bag?
will you use it in competition?

thanks

:D

So i have two brand new 175g Warlocks if anyone is interested. I have another that's been used for about two rounds. Looks kinda chewed up, but flies like it was new.

I decided that I don't need them. I carry new and beat Wizards. I have the full spectrum covered and the Warlock just doesn't really have a place with them.

Once I get the 1080 discs, I'll see how I like the plastic and probably just keep them as collectibles.

I've been throwing the Warlock for about a week and I'm really liking it. I thought that it was going to be a lot less stable than it is. Thrown hard it seems to be dead straight at speed just like a Wizard but with a very minimal fade. You can put a lot of air under it and get good distance out of it.
It is longer than the Wizard because it has the same speed with more glide.
It is not a beadless Wizard. It is the same top with a different wing.

Ive been using the Warlock for about a week now and really liking it. Its still pretty stable but definately a little straighter then the wizard. Im using it for longer putts outside the circle.

Thanks for all the reviews on this....I read through all 4 pages.

Looking forward to actually going out & throwing mine tomorrow.

I noticed a lot of people said the plastic was soft, however mine feels pretty stiff. It feels the same as my M Wizard.

It's 174g White w/ gold foil. (thanks JWT)

It should be a fun disc to throw for sure. Feels nice. Easy to grip.

I also read all 4 pages. It looks like I want to try a Warlock as a compliment to the Wizard - especially for long putts for less fade.

What plastic is everyone finding to give the least amount of fade?

I found that bending the disc back and forth softens the polymers. Just don't go to extremes when bending, of course. I am getting great results with the warlock myself.

Van said:
What plastic is everyone finding to give the least amount of fade?

I think weight has more effect than plastic type (although E seems more overstable than S). My 175g soft has a lot more fade than my 172g glow. I haven't tested the full range of weights to find the "sweet spot." I decided, in the end, that I can do the same thing with various Wizards of different wear levels.

Anyone else subscribe to my weight theory?

I like the wizard but, when I putt with it I get a pain in my knuckle and it will pop, this does not happen with the warlock. Either or you have a great putter, really it is the thrower!

Latest posts